Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Manager?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Manager?

Postby dj_jams » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:59 pm

So I've backed up all the content sample pack .zip files from SampleTank and the other ST instruments.

Is there a way to import those backed up sounds into and directly use them in IK Product Manager without re-downloading them and so I don't have to do the manual install of each of those 100+ individual installers?
dj_jams

Re: Is there a way to import backed up sounds into IK P-Mana

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:07 pm

I think that you can copy the downloaded files into the IKPM's "downloads folder" then select "Reinstall library":

IKPM User Manual wrote: 7.3.2 – “Reinstall Library” button
Click on the “Reinstall Library” button to start the download and installation process again. If the previously downloaded Sound library has not been manually deleted and is still present on the machine, the download manager will simply copy the folder into the default library path.

If the downloaded content is no longer available on the machine, the download manager will start the download from the beginning and the progress bar will appear.

Can you try it out with one file and let us know how it goes? That will help other users.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dj_jams » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:37 pm

^^^^
The problem with this is that for "Expired downloads" there is no "... More options" button and thus no "Reinstall Library" button as well. And copying the corresponding sound zip file into the download folder (or a matching sub folder) does not seem to make a difference here.
The "More info" link then only talks about how to obtain a download token.
dj_jams

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:25 pm

OK. You did not mentioned that they had expired. I suggest that you report that to Technical Support for investigation and an update to the IKPM User Manual. and ask for advice on the best way to proceed.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby David-san-007 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:25 am

I am faced to the same problem. I have all sounds archives stored locally in a new PC where I want to install them. The IK Product Manager manual describes a procedure to install the sounds archives which are already doawloaded, but this makes use of the "Install" and "...More Options" actions, which according to the screenshot in the IKPM manual are available even when the sounds are "Expired Downloads". Here is the manual screenshot (I hope the link to the image works):

This is in theory, but in practice, the "Install" and "...More Options" actions are not available.
I am struggling to explain this to the IK support, which provides me with irrelevant answers.
David-san-007

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:09 pm

My understanding is that if the downloaded sounds library files are in the downloads folder used by IKPM, then "Install" (or "Reinstall"?) will work. If you want the sounds library in a non-default location, then set that folder in the software's Preference Settings or use the "Install to ..." option in the IKPM.

Or, if you can, copy over the complete installed sounds library from your old system to the new one and then set that destination folder in the software.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby David-san-007 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:56 pm

Hi @DarkStar, thanks for your reply.

That's what I understand too. I have got the sounds archives in the IKPM download directory, but cannot install or reinstall anything, because the IKPM doesn't display "Install" and "...More Options" which is required according to the IKPM manual.

David-san
David-san-007

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:23 pm

Can you report that to Technical Support as it sounds like a bug / omission to me? And ask for the best way to proceed.

Now, if you have a good understanding of what you are doing, you could extract the folders / files from one of the download files to the Desktop then run the installer yourself. Make sure that you have created the top-level folder (e.g. X:/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4) and selected it in the software's Preference Settings. The sounds installer should pick up that folder (it's been years since I did that) or give you a chance to select it. Repeat for each downloaded file :(
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby David-san-007 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:39 pm

Can you report that to Technical Support as it sounds like a bug / omission to me? And ask for the best way to proceed.

I'm on the sixth email regarding the same ticket with IK support answering totally out of line. I tried multiple times to refocus the answers on the question, but without success. I recently mentioned the possibility of a bug and since then... no more answer. Honestly, with a support like this, IK has just plummeted in my estimation. And I guess, that now, the IK support will not answer me at all anymore. In any case, I have the impression that I don't have much to expect from IK support anymore... :(

Repeat for each downloaded file :(

That's exactly what I would like to avoid. I already did it for Miroslav Philarmonik 2. That's too much time spent doing nothing next to my PC :?
David-san-007

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:48 pm

Please see the forum Guidelines thread for info about escalating Support tickets.

The problem in IKPM seems to me to be, that, when the Sounds Download period has expired, the options to "re-install" or "Install to" are not available. Even when the downloaded files are placed in IKPM's downloads folder.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby David-san-007 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:41 pm

Please see the forum Guidelines thread for info about escalating Support tickets.

Sorry, but I don't find this section... I even don't find the Guidelines :roll:

The problem in IKPM seems to me to be, that, when the Sounds Download period has expired, the options to "re-install" or "Install to" are not available. Even when the downloaded files are placed in IKPM's downloads folder.

Yes, as well as the "...More Options" option.
David-san-007

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:22 pm

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby David-san-007 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:04 pm

Thanks for the link, I went through and I am afraid I don’t understand what to do and you exactly meant by “escalating Support tickets”.
David-san-007

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:15 pm

You had posted that Support was no longer replying to your Support Ticket; the forum Guidelines thread advises what can be done - send a Private message to one of the IK Staff.

I am wary that if provide more ideas on your particular problem I may end up confusing you and messing things up. So Support will be your best path to follow.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby David-san-007 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:44 pm

I don't really see the difference between requesting IK support by email via the IK multimedia website and requesting support via one of the Ik moderators from the forum. But I'll do it, thanks.
David-san-007

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More