Syntronik Not Populating Sounds In Project

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Not Populating Sounds In Project

Postby jeffn1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:58 pm

Hello,

I am using Syntronik in Gig Performer (for live performance in a cover band, rather than recording). But basically you can think of Gig Performer as a DAW for this question.

I am transitioning to a new laptop computer. So, I copied all my sample libraries and installed Syntronik from the IK site.

And I moved the project file for Gig Performer (called a "Gig file") from my old laptop to me new laptop.

So Syntronik and my other plug ins generally seem to work right. I can run through presets and open them, etc.

But, in my projects, the Syntronik sounds I saved (with any associated settings, etc.) do not load up when I open a project ("the Gig file").

I have been advised that this is how Gig Performer works in terms of recalling presets used in a Gig file:
When you save a gig file, GP requests that the plugin deliver its state to GP - this is a standard mechanism in the plugin API. The plugin sends a chunk of data to GP and GP just saves that chunk of data as part of the gig file.

When you open a gig file later, GP just sends that same chunk of data back to the plugin. It is 100% up to the plugin to deal with it – GP has no control over how the plugin does that.

That said, the plugin can manage state any way it wants. For example, if the “state” that the plugin sends to GP represents the path and file name of some file, then that’s what the plugin is going to be given and that file has to exist in the right place.

But this has nothing to do with Gig Performer. If you’re having this kind of issue, you need to reach out to IK and ask them how they handle state.

So, the question is why everything works properly in my "old" laptop, but now in my new one. The default presets appear to be there, but the sounds I saved are not loading.

I can only guess there is/are folders with data on my old laptop that I need to copy to my new laptop so my projects (gig files) open up properly in Gigi Performer.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Jeff
jeffn1

Re: Syntronik Not Populating Sounds In Project

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:37 pm

Have you authorized the software?

Can you try in any other DAW?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Syntronik Not Populating Sounds In Project

Postby jeffn1 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:21 pm

Yes, its is authorized and it populates my saved sounds (for the project) fine in my other laptop.
jeffn1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More