How to uninstall Syntronik 2 CS from Mac completely

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to uninstall Syntronik 2 CS from Mac completely

Postby schapman1022 » Mon May 30, 2022 5:42 pm

Hello,

I installed the Syntronik 2 CS free bundle and now want to remove it. I downloaded the .dmg file and used the uninstaller but Product Manager still shows it installed under the Sounds tab. The software tab shows the program is uninstalled but again, it is showing installed under the Sounds tab....assuming this is the sample library... How do I uninstall it?

Why in the world is there not an uninstall option within Product Manager if it is supposed to make everything easier?

Thanks
schapman1022

Re: How to uninstall Syntronik 2 CS from Mac completely

Postby noeqplease » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:43 pm

I'm on the same boat as you. I installed Syntronik 1 and 2 after getting ti from a group buy.

IT HAS NO SOUND BANKS.

No matter where I install it, IT HAS NO SOUND BANKS.

So I want to just get rid of them both, as they just occupying a ton of space on my system drive.

One more time IT HAS NO SOUND BANKS.

I rescanned all the available IK Multimedia folders on my system drive and my audio drive, and it simply HAS NO SOUND BANKS. Over 5 times.

[Mod edit: redacted, unnecessary]
noeqplease

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:36 pm

When the Syn1 or Syn2 sounds libraries are downloaded and installed using the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") the destination folder is picked up automatically from that set in the software's Preference Settings or it can set set in the iKPM by selecting "... More options", then "Install to ...".

On Windows, the default install location is, I think, in C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\... I do not know about OSX.

So first things first, what sound library downloads are in the KPM download folder? Again, on Windows, the default is witihn C:\Users\<account name>\Downloads\IK Product Manager, but you may have changed that.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby noeqplease » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:49 pm

DarkStar wrote:When the Syn1 or Syn2 sounds libraries are downloaded and installed using the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") the destination folder is picked up automatically from that set in the software's Preference Settings or it can set set in the iKPM by selecting "... More options", then "Install to ...".

On Windows, the default install location is, I think, in C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\... I do not know about OSX.

So first things first, what sound library downloads are in the KPM download folder? Again, on Windows, the default is witihn C:\Users\<account name>\Downloads\IK Product Manager, but you may have changed that.

I did a "default" installation. Syntronik 1 and 2 never show any presets, no sound banks, no anything. I am going to attempt to erase them from my drive now.

I am not going to waste any more time searching for things. I have better things to do with my time, than spend any more time on this mess. I already wasted over one hour trying to make this work. Now I am uninstalling these two plus Sampletank 4 as well.

If IK reads this forum, I hope they MAKE IT SO THERE IS AN UNINSTALL OPTION FROM THEIR MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE. As it is, it becomes frustrating when their product does not work and we users have to end up on here trying to fix it / uninstall it, with zero help from corporate.
noeqplease

Postby noeqplease » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:16 pm

I am now going manually through my hard drive and erasing anything related to both Syntronik 1 and 2.

The uninstaller did nothing. The drive indicates the same size after uninstalling both softwares. And when I opened my DAW, the plugins still show up in them. Uninstall app = FAIL.

I won't be buying anything more from this company.

:evil:
noeqplease

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:18 pm

The forum is not an official path to Technical Support. Most of the posters here are users, posting based on their knowledge and experience.

I think that there is a request for Uninstall on the IKPM wish-list.

If you would like to contact Support, via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help, search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby noeqplease » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:30 pm

DarkStar wrote:The forum is not an official path to Technical Support. Most of the posters here are users, posting based on their knowledge and experience.

I think that there is a request for Uninstall on the IKPM wish-list.

If you would like to contact Support, via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help, search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.

Thanks, but I am just done removing all stuff related to those two products manually. I do have a backup of the sound content on an external drive, along with everything else before I went to uninstall them.

I do hope they offer a better software manager application. I like their plug ins for mixing, but these instruments gave me a migraine.
noeqplease

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More