Noise problems with complex rigs

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Noise problems with complex rigs

Postby MarcoRispoli271070 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:41 pm

Hello,
I'm new with At5. I'm already a user of Bias Fx2 and sger3. With those programs I never experienced noise pulses similar to noise related to the dsp . With at5 however I have those kind of problems. For example, using the Brian May rigs the ones with 3 amps, the noise is very annoying and the rig is unusable. Even with rigs with only two amps, still i experience noise. i'm using the steinberg ur22 with their asio drivers set to 512 byte and low latency. The At5 is the At5 max version and the windows 10.
MarcoRispoli271070

Re: Noise problems with complex rigs

Postby ZanderStrack69 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:27 pm

Hi! Not really sure what you mean by "sound pulses", but I assume you mean pops/clicks.

If you haven't done so already, switch your power plan to high performance when you play rigs that cause these pops/clicks.

It's not about lacking raw processor power, it's all about the latencies that arise when Windows speed-steps your CPU through different power/performance states.
ZanderStrack69

Re: Noise problems with complex rigs

Postby MarcoRispoli271070 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:46 pm

Yes, I mean pops and crackling.
Right now I connected my sound card to USB3 instead of usb2 and I changed the driver setting from the Low Latency setting to Stable mode. Now the latency is about 19ms, but the cracklings and pops now has been drammatically reduced. I have to check the high performance setting although I remember to have already set it as you proposed. For sure the At5 application consume more cpu than other applications but.. that's it.. I'm using a laptop i5 with ssd drive and 8gb of ram.
The interesting thingh is that the pops seemed to happen more frequently when I play stronger. Maybe this engages more calculations related to the simulation of the device non linearity.
MarcoRispoli271070

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling