Input two guitars?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Input two guitars?

Postby Wildboy3 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:32 pm

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, but I thought the DUAL INPUT signal chain would allow me to connect two guitars to my sound card and have two independant signal chains... But I am failing at making this work.

First obvious question for me: Is there a way to use AmpliTube 5 so that two guitars can plug in and play different parts, amp models and speaker cabs simulations? Like I'm talking two guitar players plugged in to play two different parts?

What I am actually trying to do is plug in my two physical amplifiers via line out to my sound card to each use a different CABB SIM in AmpliTube 5.

Seems to me it should work as I have two inputs on my sound card and AmpliTube 5 can manage each individual input. But I can only get one amp to work at a time when I play around with the inputs in the AmpliTube settings.

My physical guitar signal chain ends with an ABY switch which routes the signal to one amp or the other, and each amp is individually connected to input 1 and input 2 of my UMC202HD sound card. But every time I press the AB switch, I also have to go into AmpliTube settings and switch around the inputs to ear the "other" amp.

I have a feeling AmpliTube cannot handle two individual inputs simultaneously. Yet I thought it could.

Any advice?

PS. I got this to work by having one of my amps using a cab sim in AmpliTube 5 and one amp using a cab sim in AmpliTube 4. But running both programs at the same time is not ideal.
Wildboy3

Re: Input two guitars?

Postby Abikis » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:26 pm

For input settings you want left to be input 1 and right to be input 2 (or vice versa, you just want one amp on each side).
You probably tried this and found that you're only getting sound from whichever you set to the left input?
Switch to recorder view (the stack of lines beside 1-8 at the bottom), at the bottom left (right above the input meter) it will say input 1, click to cycle between input1-input2-stereo and choose stereo.

As a note looper/live modes seem to always be in stereo mode.
Abikis

Postby Wildboy3 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:16 pm

Wow.

That is EXACTLY what is going on. AmpliTube 5 seems to only want to play sound if there is a signal coming in to input 1. No sound is played when input 2 is now feeding the sound...

I did what you suggested, switched to STEREO, and BOOM! worked instantly.

Thank you for taking the time to read and answer. :mrgreen:
Wildboy3

Postby VitorMoreira0 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:43 pm

Hello,

I can't seem to get this working on my iPad. I turned on the multi track recorder and I'm using two guitars through a Scarlett interface. I'm able to select Channel 1 for the first track and Channel 2 for the second one. However, when one track is selected, the other one gets a blue icon on top of the FX button and I only hear the RAW signal as if there were no FX.

Is this a limitation of the free version for ipad? Do I need to buy the studio pack which expands to 8 tracks? Or I'm I setting up something the wrong way?

Thanks!
VitorMoreira0

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling