user\username\app\Data\Presonus big problem

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

user\username\app\Data\Presonus big problem

Postby funkmeister.km » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:26 am

Hello first time here. I have Studio one 4.6 and Version 6.1. I also have a demo version of Cubase 12. I just bought the Total Studio Max 3.5 version for Windows 10 64 bit. Everything works great except Sampletank 4. So here is the problem and I willing to bet someone will say contact technical support, but I'm just wondering if anybody else is having this problem in any DAW.

So with a empty project, I drag Sampletank in and it opens and plays fine. Then I will drag in Modo Drummer and Modo Bass and anything else. When I go to highlight a different track other than Sampletank, I get a C:user\username\appData\Roaming\Presonus message that pops up and the same thing happens in Cubase 12 as well. It happens even if I dont have any thing else loaded in, and I go to "X" out of the GUI, it gives me this message and I cant go any further.

IF I dont use Sampletank at all and drag in the other VST instruments that I came with it, they all work fine.

Again, just wondering if anybody else has came across this problem. I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled to where I'm ready to give up on Sampletank period. Any insights, would be appreciated.
funkmeister.km

Re: user\username\app\Data\Presonus big problem

Postby BobF3 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:03 pm

Same here. ST4 4.10.0

Win10x64, Studio One 6.0.1
BobF3

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:22 pm

This might well be a Studio One bug. What is the error message? Are you using VST2 or VST3? Does it work with the other one?

And what is the message in Cubase?

Other users may chip in with suggestions. Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby BobF3 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:02 pm

BobF3 wrote:Same here. ST4 4.10.0

Win10x64, Studio One 6.0.1

Make that V4.2.2
BobF3

Postby BobF3 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:12 pm

Reaper V6.29 also does a hard exit when closing the ST4 V4.2.2 UI VST3
BobF3

Postby funkmeister.km » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:59 am

Thanks Darkstar, the message was " An unexpected error in this application or in a plug-in
and then below it is the user\username\appData\Presonus message.

The message in Cubase was basically the same thing but their message was just too much to type. I have researched the forum quite a bit and look like others that has chimed in here on this topic is having the same thing going on. I tried to submit to IK the other night and I just kept getting messages that the characters I was typing in wasnt the correct characters. Dont know what's going on there, but I'm going to try it again tonite.
funkmeister.km

Postby funkmeister.km » Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:04 am

Technical SupportToday at 04:31
Hi,

Thank you for contacting PreSonus Technical Support.

This is an issue with IK Multimedia, we have seen this crash Studio One 4,5 and 6 so please reach out to them to see if there is an update.

Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

Gary M.

Technical Support Agent

PreSonus Audio Electronics
www.presonus.com
funkmeister.km

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:19 am

Please relay that response to IK Support as nobody on this forum can utilize that information to help you but IK Support can.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BobF3 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Peter - Please forward this thread to support
BobF3

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:10 pm

The support system is a ticket system where users can enter their issues, answer questions to provide the exact parameters of the issue/setup/etc, and the IK Support team will work directly with you. This forum isn't a medium for technical support and will not work well within the support system as a "middleman". Anybody with issues should please open a ticket directly with them. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby BobF3 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:04 pm

Thanks.

I'll just hide ST in my DAW settings for now. Software problems like this shouldn't put a burden on paying users. Maybe a beta tester will trip over it at some point.
BobF3

Postby BobF3 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:16 pm

I saw another post where someone had cleaned up the sound lib paths to fix this.
Mine had 4 entries; one for ST4, one for ST3 and 2 entries for the root of the same drive.

After deleting the 2 unnecessary and duplicate root entries, I was able to instantiate and close ST4 in Studio One without any errors. Hopefully it's fixed now.
BobF3

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More