Purchased and Authorized AmpliTube 5 Random Hissing

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Purchased and Authorized AmpliTube 5 Random Hissing

Postby shrednow » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:59 am

I just purchased, installed, and authorized AmpliTube 5. The IK Multimedia Product Manager shows "Authorized" with a green checkbox next to AmpliTube 5.

According to the FAQ on the IK Multimedia website,

" Why does AmpliTube hiss or make static noise?
This is probably because AmpliTube is running in demo mode, which inserts white burst of noise about every 6-8 seconds. You must authorize your copy in order to make this disappear. The Demo version will always have the noise."

I have closed and reopened AmpliTube 5 a couple of times, but it is still giving me random white noise, despite being authorized.

Please let me know how to fix this.
shrednow

Re: Purchased and Authorized AmpliTube 5 Random Hissing

Postby shrednow » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:24 am

Update:

IIRC, I was checking out presets on ToneNet and it is possible the white noise was being inserted because I had not purchased one of the elements in the signal chain.

Please verify this is correct and update the FAQ accordingly.
shrednow

Postby edievilmont » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:19 pm

I have purchased the version, it’s authorized, but the static noise with pops continues.
This is not one switch flip solution, it’s a long checklist that needs to carried out, why a remote access is not implemented? Some IT guy from IK can fix this, it doesn’t need to be free, I’m sure users will be willing to pay to be able to use this expensive software. God help us!!!!, thanks
edievilmont

Postby Ferdeph514 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:38 pm

Any fix for the hissing noise yet
Everything is authorized and approved in my product manager
Don't know why still getting this sound
Could it be because it is installed in D drive?
Ferdeph514

Postby case93Jackal » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:17 am

I am also getting the hissing, when my software manager says everything is authorized and i am only using purchased gear! It even does hisses on default settings with everything bypassed. I have unauthorized, re-authorized, uninstalled, re-installed, updated, closed and re-opened, restarted, hit restore purchases, and nothing is working.

Some help would be appreciated! I just spent money on the amp and mic models i was trying out and i still cannot use them!
case93Jackal

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:11 am

Run the stand-alone Custom Shop program, log in to your Account, click the Account Name and select "Restore my purchases".

Other users may chip in with suggestions. Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby case93Jackal » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:13 pm

Did that several times and it did not solve the problem, but I did find a source of the problem and the solution.

In the same project i was trying to load ampltube 5 with a default chain of things I owned, there was another disabled track with amplitube on it that had a mic i didn't own. Despite being muted and disabled, the presence of that one plugin instance with a trial model was making the rest of the plugins act like demo mode. Deleting those plugins from the channel strips kept the problem persisting. Deleting all Amplitube plugins from the project and adding one back, the problem still persisted. I had to start a new project, paste my performances in and then load up amplitube 5 with the models I purchased and copy most of my mix over to get it to stop hissing. Very strange behavior.
case93Jackal

Postby mikajuhanisaarela666 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:01 am

I'm having the same issue. Absolutely everything in the signal chains is purchased and owned. [mod edit: expletives deleted]
mikajuhanisaarela666

Postby TimWilderspin1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:29 pm

I have the trial hissing too on all purchased products and have tried all the above options: re-installing, restoring purchases, logging in and out on my Mac. This is TERRIBLE! WTF!!
TimWilderspin1

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:09 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.[/quote]
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby _5usp3c7_ » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:40 pm

So to anyone who encounters this issue and finds this forum post on the front page of google like I did, it has to do with you either running in demo mode or trialing a specific piece of gear in the software that you don't own.

If you have multiple tracks with Amplitube running, even having one of them running trial gear will make the rest of them hiss. So the way I was able to stop the hissing noise was checking all of the instances of Amplitube in my project and making sure that trial gear wasn't being used.

It sucks, and I'm honestly not sure why AmpliTube does this even if you own the original software. I'm guessing they don't want you just trying gear and then using it in a mix?
_5usp3c7_

Postby Bradelli » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:27 pm

_5usp3c7_ wrote:So to anyone who encounters this issue and finds this forum post on the front page of google like I did, it has to do with you either running in demo mode or trialing a specific piece of gear in the software that you don't own.

If you have multiple tracks with Amplitube running, even having one of them running trial gear will make the rest of them hiss. So the way I was able to stop the hissing noise was checking all of the instances of Amplitube in my project and making sure that trial gear wasn't being used.

It sucks, and I'm honestly not sure why AmpliTube does this even if you own the original software. I'm guessing they don't want you just trying gear and then using it in a mix?

Thanks, this perfectly fixed the issue. Turns out I had an FX added to another track that wasn't even enabled, but within it was Amplitube using some random setting. Deleting that made the only active FX on another track work without hissing.
Bradelli

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling