Is it possible to play video while Amplitube is active?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Is it possible to play video while Amplitube is active?

Postby furey.daniel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:07 am

I'm on Windows 10 and while Amplitube uses my USB audio to input audio and standard headphone jack on my laptop to output the audio, I cannot play any video on that same laptop. When I try to start anything that uses audio, it tries to load it and just stalls. Is there a fix for this?
furey.daniel

Re: Is it possible to play video while Amplitube is active?

Postby Treagor » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:15 am

I have the same issue
Treagor

Postby amunocis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:40 pm

same question here. I thougth that Amplitube will be using the iRig to manage audio, so the PC's audio device will be free, but of course was not possible.

Did someone solved this already?

Thanks!
amunocis

Postby lchalk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:46 pm

you can but you will probably need 2 sound cards. If you are doing something like using Asio4All and using your computers sound card then you cannot play videos with amplitube open (Asio4All takes over the sound card and no other program can use it. But if you have something like a Scarlet 2i2 and monitors attached to it then you can play guitar through the scarlet and watch videos through your main sound card.
lchalk

Postby amunocis » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Well, I thought that iRig will be working as an audio interface. but of course is not that way
amunocis

Postby lchalk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:59 am

What are you listening to amplitube with? What asio driver are you using and what is the output set to? You are still going to need two sets of speakers unless you are using a DAW and loading your video directly in it. I use reaper and the video extension. I do it to replace the audio in the video, which is not ideal if actually watching the video is your goal but the same program that host amplitube must also host the video to use a single output.
lchalk

Postby amunocis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 pm

right right right, since iRig doesn't have an audio output, Amplitube is using the output on the PC. So, no way, just with an audio interface, but then, why should I have an iRig? :)
amunocis

Postby thievedletter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:52 am

I use a Focusrite 2i4 and can easily do both. You need the bitrate in windows and in Amplitube 4 to be the same. I use Youtube for backing tracks all the time. You run in to problems when you try to have 2 programs running the ASIO driver at once. Windows (and therefore your browser) doesn't use ASIO though.
thievedletter

Postby Wolfarelli » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:57 pm

Playing video while playing in Amplitube is possible for me after disabling "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" at the options panel.

(Windows key > Sound Settings > Sound Control Panel (at the right) > Playback tab > select default Speakers properties > Advanced tab)

EDIT: Some how sometimes works, sometimes doesn't ¿?
Wolfarelli

Postby johnhines » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:29 pm

Works for me all the time. Just make sure your sample rate matches the sample rate of your video e.g. 44.1 kHz.
johnhines

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling