IK Multimedia TONEX: capturing a VST guitar chain?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

IK Multimedia TONEX: capturing a VST guitar chain?

Postby HerrNox1 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:32 pm

Hey there!

So I got TONEX recently and I was wondering if there was a way to capture an amp sim instead of a real piece of gear? It seems to be possible since there are a few NDSP captures on ToneNet...

It might seem counterproductive to use TONEX to capture amp VSTs, but I do use a couple of those and I’m wondering if I could just capture my settings into various TONEX presets.

I.e.: Turning a chain like this: some third party Big Muff VST > an Amplitube 5 guitar amp/cab preset > a Match EQ plugin... into one TONEX capture.

This would be useful for me to save on CPU and latency when playing live.

There's surely a way to create virtual inputs/outputs and make it work by having the signal go through my DAW where the FX chain is?

Or maybe IK could implement the Modeler in their TONEX plugin (or provide a TONEX Modeler-only plugin), to capture whatever is going on before it on a track.
HerrNox1

Re: IK Multimedia TONEX: capturing a VST guitar chain?

Postby zerex123 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:40 pm

This is possible
Need capture DI from plugin and after reamp this DI file in DAW with your chain. Save in the same format.
Run Modeler - Capture - When DI stop played replace file TXMM_Capture.wav in Documents\IK Multimedia\TONEX\Modeler with the same name your reamp DI and run learning. This is works
zerex123

Postby HerrNox1 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:58 am

zerex123 wrote:This is possible
Need capture DI from plugin and after reamp this DI file in DAW with your chain. Save in the same format.
Run Modeler - Capture - When DI stop played replace file TXMM_Capture.wav in Documents\IK Multimedia\TONEX\Modeler with the same name your reamp DI and run learning. This is works

Thanks! Unfortunately, it did not work. Maybe there’s something I’m not doing right.

I’m sending the DI to Tonex, capturing, then swapping the WAV file with a render of the VST chain from that same DI. It only results in a barely audible DI sound (wondering if it just nulled or something).
HerrNox1

Postby Russellcage666 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:16 am

Seems to be working with ReaRoute in Reaper. Currently capturing a bass amp and cab from an Aurora DSP plugin.

I had to load ReaRoute as my interface in Tonex First (Reaper closed), then in the modeler section. And I was able to route everything and add my VST in Reaper.
Russellcage666

Postby Ncarpios03 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:23 pm

Russellcage666 wrote:Seems to be working with ReaRoute in Reaper. Currently capturing a bass amp and cab from an Aurora DSP plugin.

I had to load ReaRoute as my interface in Tonex First (Reaper closed), then in the modeler section. And I was able to route everything and add my VST in Reaper.

Oh amazing! I would love to learn more!
Ncarpios03

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling