Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby thackerjames » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:29 pm

I installed Tonex and updated Amplitube 5 but still do not seem to see the integration of Tonex in AT5 - Tried a restart as well as a reinstall of Amplitube but nothing for Tonex is showing in my AT browser(s). I may be missing something? Any thoughts?
thackerjames
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 am

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby rogercorman » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:47 pm

It works for me. In Amplitube, make sure you have selected Amps icon (in the equipment panel on the right) and then type in Tonex in the search field. When I did this Tonex appeared, and it warned that it would replace my amp in my current setup. When I clicked ok I had the Tonex window with all the presets available. Interestingly it seemed to allow me to play presets that I couldn’t use in the regular Tonex plugin—they were demo only. I have amplitube 5 max and the non-max Tonex. Either it’s a bug or I’m wrong, but not complaining. :D
rogercorman
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:27 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby thackerjames » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:51 pm

rogercorman wrote:It works for me. In Amplitube, make sure you have selected Amps icon (in the equipment panel on the right) and then type in Tonex in the search field. When I did this Tonex appeared, and it warned that it would replace my amp in my current setup. When I clicked ok I had the Tonex window with all the presets available. Interestingly it seemed to allow me to play presets that I couldn’t use in the regular Tonex plugin—they were demo only. I have amplitube 5 max and the non-max Tonex. Either it’s a bug or I’m wrong, but not complaining. :D


Great, that got it - I was looking in the folder browser as one of the promo photos showed it there. But I have it now thanks for the info!!
thackerjames
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 am

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby darkogav » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:15 pm

Hi Peter. Who do we contact to pay in installments?
darkogav
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:47 am

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:57 pm

Can you use the tonex stomps with amplitube amps? Like I'd like to run a Klon in front of a fender deluxe
jason.martin.nl
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:14 pm

darkogav wrote:Hi Peter. Who do we contact to pay in installments?

If you qualify, you should see the option on our site. There is a minimum amount, with regard to TONEX I believe only TONEX MAX and TONEX Capture would show the option for those who qualify for PayPal installments.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 20111
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby kevishev » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:18 pm

Downloaded, installed, authorized Tonex Max... OMG!!! Thank you IK Multimedia!!!
kevishev
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:21 pm

jason.martin.nl wrote:Can you use the tonex stomps with amplitube amps? Like I'd like to run a Klon in front of a fender deluxe

At this time, you would need to put TONEX in front of AmpliTube 5 but there are plans to add the ability to slot in TONEX stomp models in AmpliTube 5 in a future update.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 20111
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:33 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jason.martin.nl wrote:Can you use the tonex stomps with amplitube amps? Like I'd like to run a Klon in front of a fender deluxe

At this time, you would need to put TONEX in front of AmpliTube 5 but there are plans to add the ability to slot in TONEX stomp models in AmpliTube 5 in a future update.


Perfect, thanks Peter. I was trying to figure out what the purpose of the modeled stomps were for when you couldn't put an amp in the chain. So for now in my DAW I could put Tonex as an insert say on the top (in Logic) and amplitube 5 as an insert below it.
jason.martin.nl
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby blueskyvisions » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:36 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jason.martin.nl wrote:Can you use the tonex stomps with amplitube amps? Like I'd like to run a Klon in front of a fender deluxe

At this time, you would need to put TONEX in front of AmpliTube 5 but there are plans to add the ability to slot in TONEX stomp models in AmpliTube 5 in a future update.


I was playing around with the tone bender this morning and it sounds amazing (without an amp, just a cab/IR)! Looking forward to using the pedals in a stomp block—soon?—in front of amps in AT5 8-)

Well done IKM! The future is bright
blueskyvisions
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby jason.martin.nl » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:48 pm

jason.martin.nl wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
jason.martin.nl wrote:Can you use the tonex stomps with amplitube amps? Like I'd like to run a Klon in front of a fender deluxe

At this time, you would need to put TONEX in front of AmpliTube 5 but there are plans to add the ability to slot in TONEX stomp models in AmpliTube 5 in a future update.


Perfect, thanks Peter. I was trying to figure out what the purpose of the modeled stomps were for when you couldn't put an amp in the chain. So for now in my DAW I could put Tonex as an insert say on the top (in Logic) and amplitube 5 as an insert below it.


2 more questions:
1.) Will TONEX eventually have the ability to have stomps blocks with the amp+cab blocks?
2.) When Amplitube gets the future update can I have a a TONEX stomp in the stomp section and a TONEX amp in the amp section?
jason.martin.nl
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby blueskyvisions » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pm

livesforrap wrote:....I don't care for the tones so far :( Then again, I've got AT DIALED right now and really don't know what I'm doing yet in TONEX :lol:


Are you testing them dry in TONEX only? You'll need to update AT5 to see the TONEX amp model/option. I found the tones really come to life when using them in AT with reverb, delay, and a wee bit of EQ and compression. Try using one of your AT presets and sub the amp type for "TONEX"—it's the last model in your list of AT amps (right column). It takes some getting used to, but it starts to make sense as you play around with it. The tones are there!
blueskyvisions
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby thetupeloflash » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 pm

OMG…That Dumble on it’s own is worth the fare…my Gretsch has never sounded so good thank you IK.
Will start to record tomorrow….cannot wait

If anyone is interested I may add some licks to SoundCloud ???
thetupeloflash
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby blueskyvisions » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:37 pm

I'm enjoying the 5150III "Crunchy Snack" preset. It's been handling my (analog) pedals like a champ (e.g., BE-OD, Tumnus)
blueskyvisions
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Re: Announcing AmpliTube TONEX - coming September 29th

Postby livesforrap » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:29 pm

blueskyvisions wrote:
livesforrap wrote:....I don't care for the tones so far :( Then again, I've got AT DIALED right now and really don't know what I'm doing yet in TONEX :lol:


Are you testing them dry in TONEX only? You'll need to update AT5 to see the TONEX amp model/option. I found the tones really come to life when using them in AT with reverb, delay, and a wee bit of EQ and compression. Try using one of your AT presets and sub the amp type for "TONEX"—it's the last model in your list of AT amps (right column). It takes some getting used to, but it starts to make sense as you play around with it. The tones are there!


Not really working here, but again, I'm ignaent right now :? It's going to take the next 4 days of reading the manual, watching some vids to really get things "right" ;) There are many many really great things, like the low CPU hit, the quick loading.

As for the tones, I'm getting some stuff dialed in real nice now. Still, it's hard to beat my "default" Jubilee setting regardless of guitar in AT (well, other than the Caparison, that's drop C and needs some mo beef! :D )
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:07 am

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements