How to stop Internet connection lost warning?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

How to stop Internet connection lost warning?

Postby wazz » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:14 pm

I have a full version of Amplitube 5.

I am not always connected to the Internet. How do I stop this stupid warning popup which should never have been there in the first place.

More importantly, how do I stop the actual Internet check itself.
Last edited by wazz on Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wazz

Re: How to stop Internet connection lost warning?

Postby czmacer76 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:02 pm

Nobody solved this yet ?
czmacer76

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:27 pm

czmacer76 wrote:Nobody solved this yet ?

This should not be a problem now. If you are having issues please make sure you update to the latest version and then contact support for assistance with any technical issue you are having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby christopher.moyse » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:31 pm

@Peter_IK

Peter, you say "this should not be a problem" but I am on the latest version (according to Product Manager) and every time I bring my PC out of hibernation, I get the "... connection lost ..." message. Weirdly, it does not disappear at the first click, but I have to click several times, and after each one the message fades a bit until it's gone. Then normal service resumes. Should I no longer be seeing this?

Anticipating your question, I use Hibernate to avoid having to start up AT5 every time I come back to my PC. This is because progressively getting rid of the "... lost ..." message then switching my audio to Windows Audio then immediately back to ASIO is reliable and many minutes quicker than performing a cold start on AT5. The horrendously slow start is something I have "discussed" with support many times and it appears to be related to my use of OneDrive on my PC, which appears to be something IK M did not anticipate in coding AT 5 (although AT 4 could be configured easily to side-step this).

Much as I like IK M software's end results, it is often painful to find ways of working with it, I say in the hope that one day this will all be made good.
christopher.moyse

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:25 pm

christopher.moyse wrote:@Peter_IK

Peter, you say "this should not be a problem" but I am on the latest version (according to Product Manager) and every time I bring my PC out of hibernation, I get the "... connection lost ..." message. Weirdly, it does not disappear at the first click, but I have to click several times, and after each one the message fades a bit until it's gone. Then normal service resumes. Should I no longer be seeing this?

Anticipating your question, I use Hibernate to avoid having to start up AT5 every time I come back to my PC. This is because progressively getting rid of the "... lost ..." message then switching my audio to Windows Audio then immediately back to ASIO is reliable and many minutes quicker than performing a cold start on AT5. The horrendously slow start is something I have "discussed" with support many times and it appears to be related to my use of OneDrive on my PC, which appears to be something IK M did not anticipate in coding AT 5 (although AT 4 could be configured easily to side-step this).

Much as I like IK M software's end results, it is often painful to find ways of working with it, I say in the hope that one day this will all be made good.

It wasn't going to be a question but a suggestion that IK Support would be best suited to assist you with the issue you are having. If you don't report your issue to them, hoping something will be fixed is not going to get your issue resolved. They will work on all reported issues and get the proper information to devs etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling