Sounds Download Reactivation Credit

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sounds Download Reactivation Credit

Postby doco6o1 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:59 pm

Anyone:

What is this? I bought the flash drive version of Sampletank4 max a while back but haven'ttried to use it until now.

The sound libraries on the flash are blocked for some reason and I then see this.

'Sounds Download Reactivation Credit'... $9.99

Question.

Is this why I can't access the libraries? If so I would be peeved if I have to pay again for a sound library I already purchased.

If not, then I am at a loss as to why the SampleTank 3 and 4 sounds don't show up and all I see are the free ones.

Thanks,

Doc
doco6o1

Re: Sounds Download Reactivation Credit

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:55 pm

I am interested in this issue because I specifically bought Total Studio 2 Max on a stick so I would already have a backup. But, since those products have been updated, crossgraded, upgraded, and added to with new products, I keep new backups of the downloads.

I do worry that something might happen to the newer backups. Until now, I thought, well at least I still have the stick. But, the issue raised here now makes me realize that relying on the stick is giving me a false sense of security for the very issue you ran into.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:27 pm

Yes, it sounds odd to me, too. The whole idea of the USB stick was to avoid downloads (and have a back-up). Nad the download period shuld run for 180 days from the date of Registration of the software.

Contact Technical Support and they should sort you out.

PS I did read somewhere that the libraries for some products did not fit completely onto a USB stick and some needed to be downloaded anyway. (I cannot remember if this was for TS2 MAX or another bundle.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby eltomek » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:31 am

Wait a sec - do I read it correctly that I have 180 days after purchasing and activating Sample Tank to download the samples and if I don't do that on time I have to pay another $10 for being able to make use of the software I already purchased?
Really? What business model is that and what is the rationale behind this approach? And finally, what are the other IK Multimedia's software traps like this I should know of to avoid going into.
eltomek

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:44 am

eltomek wrote:Wait a sec - do I read it correctly that I have 180 days after purchasing and activating Sample Tank to download the samples and if I don't do that on time I have to pay another $10 for being able to make use of the software I already purchased?

No. According to the licenses for IK Products and Content I have read, we have the right to use them for thirty years. I haven't read them all, but the ones I read say 30 years. From what I have seen, if you don't make back up copies of the Sound Content installers and you need to reinstall them after the 180 days, you can pay the fee to give you another 180 days to download all your IK Sound Content. That's my understanding, though I never needed a reactivation credit token (or whatever its called).
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More