Product Manager shows "installed" where is it

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Product Manager shows "installed" where is it

Postby kwpv356 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:24 am

FIRST-I fully understand IK's hierarchy and file structure. I am able to get ST3 ST4 and Syntronik 1 and 2 all finding the correct files!

But.... PManager shows that I actually installed "London Grooves" some time ago and the download window has expired. I just can't find the silly product! It was purchased Sept 2021, and I have since changed the file download location. I've searched C:, Desktop, 4 external drives and all of the User folders.

I'm too cheap to pay for reactivation so I'd sure like to find the darn thing!

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kurt
kwpv356

Re: Product Manager shows "installed" where is it

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:39 pm

Have you tried using a file searching utility and looking for London_Grooves_Sound_Content?
Steve-xyz

Postby kwpv356 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:58 pm

I did a full PC search of London_Grooves_Sound_Content. No luck.

I guess my question is about LG showing up as "installed." I also neglected to install Synthwave, but it doesn't show as being installed, which means at some point I told the Manager to install LG. There probably isn't a way for me to go back in time to see where LG was originally installed.

Does the Manager search for downloaded files/products or does it simply show "installed" when you first install it?

Thanks again.
kwpv356

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:18 pm

If you don't have the compressed file, you probably don't have the uncompressed Sound Content installer files either. I moved my ST3 files to a custom folder on an external HDD, so your installed files (assuming they are still installed) would be in different locations than mine.

On the External Drive I have a "Sample Tank 3" folder. On my PC, London Grooves.pak is in the Library Info subfolder. Not sure if I placed that there manually or it was installed there.

In the Samples subfolder I have a folder called "213 London Grooves" with Jason Cooper and Jeremy Stacey folders.

In the Instruments subfolder I have a folder called "213__London Grooves" also with Jason Cooper and Jeremy Stacey folder.

Not sure this will help. If not, maybe Support can help. They should know more about how the Product Manager works.

In ST3, I have the Disk Path pointed to the "Sample Tank 3" folder on the HDD where I placed them. The Grooves show up in ST3 and work. ST4 also has that folder (and others) as one of the Sound Content Paths.
Steve-xyz

Postby kwpv356 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:37 pm

First of all, thanks for the suggestions!

I had happened to have my backup drive plugged in and that's where the little bugger was hiding! So, problem solved!!

Regards,
kwpv356
kwpv356

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:54 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!!!
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More