Syntronik synths show as locked in sampletank

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik synths show as locked in sampletank

Postby LittleRobot » Fri May 27, 2022 9:17 am

I have entered the Syntronik group buy and installed all my synths via the product manager, everything is fine in Syntronik but when I open Sampletank 4 everything shows as locked ? I have these all installed on an external drive and have Sampletank 4 pointing to this directory. Any help would be appreciated.
LittleRobot

Re: Syntronik synths show as locked in sampletank

Postby jesussaddle » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:05 am

This is what I'm trying to figure out - How to install Sampletank 4 generally. On their Syntronik 2 page it says "*requires SampleTank 4.1.5 or later." I think I have that one. (I'm doing some file transfers so I can't check).

I wish the IK Multimedia Manager would allow setting a default download and default sound library. AFAIK the sound library selection must be done each time.

Furthermore, it is rough that Sampletank instruments must be unzipped, and I don't really know what paths to unzip them 2 (& some of my downloads will be Sampletank 3 and others will be 4. I wish that the Manager would let you set a root folder for the external - at least that way you could trust it to place things.
jesussaddle

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:46 pm

The IKPM will tell you what version you have got installed and whether an Update is available.

The IKPM does let you specify a default downloads folder. And you can avoid the "Install to ..." by installing the ST4 software, running the stand-alone ST4 program and setting the folder for the library there. The IKPM will then pick up that destination when the library is installed.

There is no need to UnZIp the ST4 instruments; the IKPM will take care of that.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jesussaddle » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:25 am

That's so weird because after the IKPM downloaded its stuff, I was left with a bunch of zip files with the "modified date" of the day on which IKPM was used to "install". PC User here, not Mac.
jesussaddle

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More