Syntronik 2 Preset Probs and Understanding Help from IK

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 Preset Probs and Understanding Help from IK

Postby HelioDog2022 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 pm

I got Syntronik 2 CS a few months ago when I became an IK Multimedia customer. I've since got a number of your products and have up till now had nothing but a great experience and am very impressed. However, now I'm confused and don't understand what is going on.

I thought about getting into the Group Buy for a a couple weeks while i did some due diligence and researched most of the 33 Synths offered. Your version of the Korg DW-8000 made my list of must haves. The kicker that convinced me to select the KW-8000 was the "200 Instrument Presets" that was advertised. However, no matter what i do, only 80 named presets show up.
"A Fat Pad From Inagi" down to "Wub Wub Bass." Is that all there is? 80? I dont get it.
There were 4 main zip files and 1 update zip file. I have around 12 gigs from the download, but only 80 named presets. is that correct? If so, Why does it say 200 Instrument presets?
I cant find a list of 200 instrument presets anywhere so i cant check to see what i may be missing either.

UPDATE:

Ok, I've done more searching, troubling shooting, and researching:
1. One Problem I noticed while unzipping some files is that: If the Total File path is too long, from C:\ all the way to the end of file.st4i, then it doesnt install that File with the super long name. So install with small root directory names i guess.
2. The Preset Mystery: Here is what i have Vs what is Advertised. And what ive discovered.
What it have: -----VS -----What IK Advertises:
KW-8000 80 Presets------200 Presets Advertised
Pro VS 59 Presets-----195 Presets Advertised
Sorcerer 67 Presets---- 87 Presets Advertised
Triptych 69 Presets----- 99 presets Advertised
------Sometimes its advertised as "Instruments" not presets-------
MiniMod 188 Presets-----143 presets Advertised
Bully 138 Presets-----100 presets Advertised
J-60 160 Presets-----78 presets Advertised
J-8 157 Presets-----116 presets Advertised
Memory V 189 Presets-----148 presets Advertised
Pro V 170 Presets----- 87 presets Advertised
Sh-V 137 Presets-----100 presets Advertised
StringBox 149 Presets-----110 presets Advertised
T-03 325 Presets-----223 presets Advertised
V-80 140 Presets-----102 presets Advertised
VCF3 134 Presets-----106 presets Advertised

In Summation: IK Over-delivers on older "Classic" synths (which is awesome)
While it Under-Delivers on New Synths... However, here is where it gets interesting and we find out I may have done all this research and troubleshooting for nothing but we'll see.

Here is what I found, It looks like all the missing Presets for the Newer Synths are in my Unzipped, downloaded Instrument folders in a folder called, Wave sets.
Syntronik 2 appears to understand how to use the .ST4i files in the Wave sets folders for the "Classic Synths" but not the "New Synths". So...

What can I do so that Syntronik 2 and SampleTank 4 understand how to read and load all the .ST4i files in the Wave Sets folders As Presets? for each of the "New Synth" instrument folders? Because it seems they are loadable in the Oscillator banks. But once loaded there, all the other settings are built around, and for, whatever Preset I had loaded.

Is this how it is intended or am I doing something wrong?
HelioDog2022

Re: Syntronik 2 Preset Probs and Understanding Help from IK

Postby MusoMan75 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:30 pm

Hi Helio

I have this issue with Syner-V, not sure if it's similar

All the ST4i files in the Waves Sets folder don't show up in Syntronik 2 or Sampletank 4 as presets/instruments

So I can't access all those corresponding 177 presets that are sitting there as Syner-V waves sets

I managed to fix the missing samples issue by copy/paste, but most of the presets won't load .. tried to copy one ST4i to Piano folder to see if this cures it, but no joy

Did you have this issue? Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks
MusoMan75

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 17, 2022 2:39 pm

Wave Sets are not listed in the Preset browser. They are loaded on the Edit page. Please see the Syn2 User manual, section 5.2.4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby HelioDog2022 » Tue May 17, 2022 4:46 pm

Yeah, I tried that too and it didn't work. I think the marketing guys didn't understand that waveset instruments for the new synths aren't actually fully fleshed out presets...Yet. I say yet because they haven't had as much time to fully flesh out more presets for the new Synths as they have with the older ones. (Maybe a ToneNET style preset sharing like with AmpliTube 5 wink, wink lol) With the amount of gigs and samples they've put together for these newer synths, plus the awesome look of of the interface, I can't imagine they'd just quit on making fully put together presets at such a low number. (And it's only low by comparison to synths they've been treaking for years btw.) I'm so impressed with IK multimedia products so far that I have faith that they'll add more stuff later with updates later on when they can. They have been with all the other products I've purchased from them so far. And those oscillator bank instruments from the waveset folders are fully editable once loaded in the oscillator banks. The PDF is clear about that like the guy said. I wish there was a PDF for each of the Synths. So much time and energy went into crafting them, it'd be nice for some history and their sonic strengths. One of my concerns was that presets were being withheld because I hadn't purchased Syntronic 2 max, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The group buy is an awesome promo and I'm glad I decided to join in. I'm a total synth newb and as of now my skills at crafting my own presets are minimal at best. The presets are my gateway to understanding and hearing the potentials and so far everything sounds amazing, but I have individual issues outside Syntronic that causes me to question everything. Primarily a poor satellite internet connection, that is subject to the whims of weather systems, with a low amount of monthly gigabyte usage. The new synths have huge download files. So the download size to preset number ratio was causing me to get upset due to that and my inexperience with this particular software and my limited resources.
Ultimately, this is a fantastic bargain for someone like me and I'm sure it'll all work out. Once I get better at learning the program it'll get even better.

P.s. I intended the the Subject to read, "Help from IK please!" But ran out of characters.
HelioDog2022

Postby MusoMan75 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:14 pm

DarkStar wrote:Wave Sets are not listed in the Preset browser. They are loaded on the Edit page. Please see the Syn2 User manual, section 5.2.4.

Thanks DS, much appreciated .. absolutely understand, but the corresponding instruments aren't there .. so I have 177 unique wave sets but no matching instruments .. any idea how I can get these instruments?

Example:

Wave Sets folder there are ST4i - Discord, Electric Guitar 1, Film Strings, French Horn Solo, Harp etc. - I have added a shot of the browser in this alphabet range for context - 177 of these ST4i but no matching instruments

Any ideas? Syner-V is listed as having over 200 instrument presets and over 18GB of data .. I have 92 presets and 15GB of data, so it seems something hasn't installed

I have installed and reinstalled using Product Manager, have tried via download and install from zips, no joy

With other synths the Wave Sets ST4i actually have matching instruments in the relevant folders, i.e. Arpeggio, Synth Pad etc.https://imgur.com/a/MZ9NxYl

Managed to fix the missing samples from zips Part 3/4 but the instruments problem persists

Thanks in advance
MusoMan75

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 18, 2022 6:43 pm

A Syn2 synth can use up to 4 Wave Sets. Each Wave set is a different set of samples and can be loaded into that synth only. There are no additional Instrument Presets.

For example, Syner_V's Alice Palace uses 1, loaded into Osc 1 and Osc2 (see the EDIT page). Click on any of the Wave Set names (or "Empty") in the Oscillators and the Wave Set Browser will be displayed on the right-hand side. Click any of them to load it into that Oscillator.

For Syner_V, 92 instruments (in the Instrument Browser) and 177 Wave_Sets (in the Wave Set Browser( comes to 269. That's well over 200. Having said that, the numbers published on the web pages seems inaccurate and users have asked IK Multimedia to publish the correct numbers and clarify the distinction between synth presets and Wave Sets.

So you could load a Syner_V instrument preset, go to the EDIT page, then change, add or remove Wave Sets to your heart's content. Then Save some new instrument presets.

But, if you still feel that something is missing, then, for a definitive answer, please contact Support and ask for the exact details of what should be there.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MusoMan75 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:04 pm

DarkStar wrote:A Syn2 synth can use up to 4 Wave Sets. Each Wave set is a different set of samples and can be loaded into that synth only. There are no additional Instrument Presets.

For example, Syner_V's Alice Palace uses 1, loaded into Osc 1 and Osc2 (see the EDIT page). Click on any of the Wave Set names (or "Empty") in the Oscillators and the Wave Set Browser will be displayed on the right-hand side. Click any of them to load it into that Oscillator.

For Syner_V, 92 instruments (in the Instrument Browser) and 177 Wave_Sets (in the Wave Set Browser( comes to 269. That's well over 200. Having said that, the numbers published on the web pages seems inaccurate and users have asked IK Multimedia to publish the correct numbers and clarify the distinction between synth presets and Wave Sets.

So you could load a Syner_V instrument preset, go to the EDIT page, then change, add or remove Wave Sets to your heart's content. Then Save some new instrument presets.

But, if you still feel that something is missing, then, for a definitive answer, please contact Support and ask for the exact details of what should be there.

Brilliant insight DS! Thank you so much for clarifying, that helps a lot. This opens up so many more possibilities, it's superb. I got confused with the ST4i in the Wave Sets folder as actual instruments and completely missed the proper use. And yes, the "200+ instrument presets" have been a bit confusing, but at least you've cleared this up nicely, and it should help other users who get a bit lost to solve their issue.

It's always great when knowledgeable people share their experience. There's a sofa in my studio if you want to come and stay for a while :) Lots of drink and 43 guitars to mess around on, just in case I need more help!!

Cheers, really appreciate your help.
MusoMan75

Postby Steve-xyz » Fri May 20, 2022 4:50 pm

A number of people have been having problems with Syner-V Sound Content that seems to have been traced to an installation issue. If you get the "Instrument ST4 Error" saying that a file could not be located when selecting a preset or a wave set, you can try contacting support, or you can try to fix it yourself if you know what you are doing.

If you know what you are doing, look to see if the Syner-V Sample folder was put in the wrong place by the installer and put it in the correct place.

If you don't know what you are doing, contact support.

I have reported this to Support along with what seems to be the cause of the problem. Oh, I also told them about the issue with the dmg and zip files being swapped on the website.
Steve-xyz

Postby Steve-xyz » Fri May 20, 2022 8:37 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:A number of people have been having problems with Syner-V Sound Content that seems to have been traced to an installation issue. If you get the "Instrument ST4 Error" saying that a file could not be located when selecting a preset or a wave set, you can try contacting support, or you can try to fix it yourself if you know what you are doing.

If you know what you are doing, look to see if the Syner-V Sample folder was put in the wrong place by the installer and put it in the correct place.

If you don't know what you are doing, contact support.

I have reported this to Support along with what seems to be the cause of the problem. Oh, I also told them about the issue with the dmg and zip files being swapped on the website.

UPDATE: I stand by my two-fold suggestion.
Steve-xyz

Postby lag » Sat May 21, 2022 8:24 am

The problem is that about 1/2 of its in the right place and half is in the wrong place. There’s an extra separate sound content folder for Syner, the contents of which need to be consolidated with the normal folder architecture for different Syntronik 2 synths.
lag

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat May 21, 2022 12:14 pm

I just wish I knew IK was already aware of the problem. From now on even if a problem still exists, I will assume they already know.
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More