Syntronik Group Buy issue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Group Buy issue

Postby Darug2290 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:27 am

Hi, I have started trying to install them but when I select the DMG resource, it ends up being a Zip file. When I select the other one it gives error 404 - Item not found?

Any ideas ?
Darug
Darug2290

Re: Syntronik Group Buy issue

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 14, 2022 2:12 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ghavet3 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:22 pm

I do not know why but many if not all of the links are inverted. Just hover your mouse over the link and see in the appropriate window (using Google Chrome, it is below at the left) where it points to. The complete path tells you what sort it is: zip or dmg; choose the appropriate one and do not believe what is stated on the label, just believe the name of the link.
ghavet3

Postby tgorycki » Sat May 14, 2022 3:34 pm

I have noticed that on the "My Products" page under the "Download Resources" tab that zip and dmg file are sometimes reversed. Peter from IK told me we should install from the Product Manager. I have been installing from the "My Products" page under the "Sounds Download" section. Each downloaded folder has an installer with it. Just so you know your various options.
tgorycki

Postby Steve-xyz » Sat May 14, 2022 4:45 pm

Darug2290 wrote:Hi, I have started trying to install them but when I select the DMG resource, it ends up being a Zip file.

Any ideas ?

I have had this with other sound content (not Group Buy stuff). First noticed it a couple of months ago. If I get a DMG when I select ZIP, I just use the wrong link and I have always gotten the ZIP file.
Steve-xyz

Postby Darug2290 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:06 am

Thank you. I'm glad it's not only me.

I will check out the suggestions, FAQ, and contact support.

I'm wondering if my Hard Drive will be big enough. :lol:

Looks like I maybe installing on an External SSD.
Darug
Darug2290

Postby Darug2290 » Sun May 15, 2022 1:22 am

hi, just a quick update, but it's showing in IK Product Manager now (which it wasn't yesterday)
Darug
Darug2290

Postby ghavet3 » Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 am

Like Steve-xyz, I confirm that I have also seen this a couple of times since many months, long before group buy. I never worrried about but I understand that it may be stressing for people who have fear of wrongdoing with softwares that may be complex and costly.
ghavet3

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 15, 2022 6:38 pm

^^^
Please report these problems (be specific) to Support so that they can be fixed.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon May 16, 2022 11:49 am

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Please report these problems (be specific) to Support so that they can be fixed.

With all due respect, (1) its not a problem for me (its easier to just download the other ones), (2) the Support Webpages are not designed for reporting issues like this, and (3) based on my experience trying to address the number of presets issue several months ago, website discrepancies are relatively minor and are best handled with user-to-user communication.
Steve-xyz

Postby ghavet3 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:20 am

Steve-xyz wrote:
DarkStar wrote:^^^

With all due respect, (1) its not a problem for me (its easier to just download the other ones), (2) the Support Webpages are not designed for reporting issues like this, and (3) based on my experience trying to address the number of presets issue several months ago, website discrepancies are relatively minor and are best handled with user-to-user communication.

I agree with you.
ghavet3

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 17, 2022 2:47 pm

Reporting problems with the web site means that they are more likely to be fixed and could help other users.

Discussions on the forum will alert other users too/
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More