Syntronik 2 String Machine presets messed up

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 String Machine presets messed up

Postby ttinker » Fri May 13, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi, I've been adding (and enjoying!) Syntronik 2 presets as the Group Buy proceeds, and today I picked up the String Machine. I've had the S1 version installed for a while, and used the Reinstall Library function in Product Manager to update as I have been doing, successfully, with the others.

What I'm seeing is that all the S2 presets for String Machine have the Filter Env Attack set to full, which seems very odd. Every single one of them - even the two Bodegraven String Machine presets which were installed with S2 CS and previously had normal/expected values.

I can change them, edit them, and save them, in which case they load as I've saved them, but of course I'm not really sure what they should all be so it's guesswork.

I've tried re-downloading and reinstalling the library again, with the same result. It seems like these presets are corrupt? Can anyone confirm, or confirm otherwise? It's not an absolute showstopper or anything, just a bit odd. If nobody is seeing the same behaviour, I guess I'll just manually set them to values that seem to sound good, save them and forget it all and move on.
ttinker

Re: Syntronik 2 String Machine presets messed up

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun May 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Thanks for mentioning the String Box Instrument and the Bodegraven presets. Very useful for generating weird, crazy sounds!! Even got a nice effect like the classic THX audio logo sound, too.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 15, 2022 6:35 pm

^^^
Can you confirm ttinker's findings?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby theoptimist » Mon May 16, 2022 8:04 am

Not only the Filter Env Attack but ALL settings in Filter Envelope section are identical in every single S2 String Box preset. The Wave Sets seems to differ though. As much work I reckon have been put into the sound design in S2 I can't believe this is due to lazy preset programming, something must be wrong. Strings is one thing but Piano, Cello and Tuba presets really should have some attack.
Thanks for noticing and posting. I Hope someone has an explanation or solution :)
theoptimist

Postby ttinker » Mon May 16, 2022 9:36 am

theoptimist wrote:Not only the Filter Env Attack but ALL settings in Filter Envelope section are identical in every single S2 String Box preset. The Wave Sets seems to differ though. As much work I reckon have been put into the sound design in S2 I can't believe this is due to lazy preset programming, something must be wrong...

My thoughts exactly - this collection has clearly been made with care and attention to detail - but it's also vast, so it's not terribly surprising that errors and bugs creep in. I will submit this to tech support, hopefully fixes are in the pipeline as it's such a great collection!
ttinker

Postby theoptimist » Mon May 16, 2022 9:51 am

Great ttinker, please notify us here when you have more information :)
theoptimist

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon May 16, 2022 10:58 am

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Can you confirm ttinker's findings?

I did not attempt to duplicate ttinker's. Based on the SH-V Boomy Square filter issues in a different thread (which I did duplicate in part), I started playing with the filters in other instruments, comparing how a handful of S1 presets sounded differently in S2 and S1, and a few other possibly related issues.

In short, ttinker's post lead me to play with the String Box's Bodegraven presets. My findings seem consistent with what at least one other user on another set of issues described as running hot. For details about making crazy sounds with these presets, see https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30113&p=130132#p130132. Hope this helps.

Aside: I started to ask Support if this was an issue for them, but decided (1) I liked the ability to make these crazy sounds after (2) I realized that the Support Webpages were designed for users to ask for help solving problems users were having, not really for asking about what some would consider bugs.
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More