SYNTRONIK 1 in Syntronic 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SYNTRONIK 1 in Syntronic 2

Postby quietman » Mon May 16, 2022 10:57 am

Its probably been asked...

Do I need to upgrade the Syntronic 1 Intruments for Syntronik 2? It seems they are running perfectly fine in S2 or have the old Intruments been updated for S2?
quietman

Re: SYNTRONIK 1 in Syntronic 2

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon May 16, 2022 11:52 am

quietman wrote:Its probably been asked...

Do I need to upgrade the Syntronic 1 Intruments for Syntronik 2? It seems they are running perfectly fine in S2 or have the old Intruments been updated for S2?

As I understand it, if you have Syntronik 2 there is already an updated synth engine for the older S1 presets. However, from what I have seen, the SYN2 Instrument/Sound Content Packs have a new generation of presets for the "Classic" instruments. Many people really like the new presets.
Last edited by Steve-xyz on Mon May 16, 2022 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-xyz

Postby quietman » Mon May 16, 2022 11:58 am

thanks; someone has said (unconfirmed) that the old syntronik instruments have been upgraded to v2 which also include some new presets...

Im currently in this group buy and so far only downloaded the new S2 intruments; as not sure if the free ones will just be duplicates to my old S1 instruments or if they are indeed S2 versions?
quietman

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon May 16, 2022 12:08 pm

quietman wrote:Im currently in this group buy and so far only downloaded the new S2 intruments; as not sure if the free ones will just be duplicates to my old S1 instruments or if they are indeed S2 versions?

In my experience (which can differ from user to user), if you have the Sample Tank 3 based preset path in your Library, previously owned S1 presets will be picked up. And yes, the new Sound Content Packs have second generation (S2) presets for the "Classic" Instruments. By my count, most of the Classic packs have around 38-42 new S2 presets. Some have more.

More importantly, the S2 instrument packs have wave sets which can be used to create your own presets. In Syntronik 2 CS, we generally only get 1 wave set per instrument, but the packs have many more (varies per instrument), at least they do with the full version.

Since you are already participating in the group buy, to me it makes sense to eventually get the sound content packs for the Classic instruments. I already have them because I bought Syntronik 2 before the group buy. (Wish I had known!!!) ;-)
Last edited by Steve-xyz on Mon May 16, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Steve-xyz

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 17, 2022 5:25 pm

quietman wrote:thanks; someone has said (unconfirmed) that the old syntronik instruments have been upgraded to v2 which also include some new presets...

Im currently in this group buy and so far only downloaded the new S2 intruments; as not sure if the free ones will just be duplicates to my old S1 instruments or if they are indeed S2 versions?

All 33 synths available in the group buy are Syntronik 2 synths and have more content and features than the ones you have from v1. This FAQ explains it well: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1431
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More