bought a syntronk 2 synth and now none of my sampletank 4 wo

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

bought a syntronk 2 synth and now none of my sampletank 4 wo

Postby djwaxxy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:10 pm

ive just bought and installed a syntronik 2 synth..ive authorised it but its messed up my sampletank 4.
i had the full sampletank 4 products and all were working but now all of them are locked and cant be used in sampletank 4 the only ones i can use are the ones from syntronk 2.

ive checked product manager and its saying all my st4 products are installed and authorised ive rescanned my folders in st4 but still no joy can anyone help?
thanks
djwaxxy

Re: bought a syntronk 2 synth and now none of my sampletank

Postby djwaxxy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:57 am

quick update..

i deleted the syntronik 2 path from st4 ,restarted and the locked products were then unlocked but now cant use syntronik 2 with st4..

weird
djwaxxy

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:10 am

If I understand correctly: currently all of your ST4 instruments are now working again in ST4. Is that right?

A few questions first:
-- what library paths are listed in ST4's Preference Settings?
-- what library paths are listed in Syntronik 2's Preference Settings?
-- what is the path to the ST4 library?
-- what is the path to the Syntronik 2 library?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby djwaxxy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:18 pm

yep st4 products are working now but ive had to delete the syntronik 2 path.
because ive bought all of the ik products and have for many years ive got probably 1tb of libraries.
but because thats massive its split over different drives but thats never been a problem theyve always worked and they did work up until i installed the bought syntronik2 synth..once i started up st4 i added the path it scanned it ,it aded them and all was ok but when i turned my computer off and restarted then the problems started.
when it started all of my st4 was locked and said unauthorised but syntronik2 was ok in st4.
i checked my paths and rescanned same problem,i reauthorised all off my libraies and that didnt fix it the only thing too fix it was too delete syntronik 2 path.
djwaxxy

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:34 pm

... same questions.

Also, try a "Restore my purchases" in the Stand-alone Custom Shop program.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby ghavet3 » Fri May 13, 2022 1:22 pm

Dear all. I have exactly the same problem. Had a massive Sampletank library fully installed on one disk (comprising Total Studio 3.5 MAX). Just bought the M12 synthetizer included in the ongoing Syntronik 2 group buy promotion. 'Installed it and badabam, I last all my authorisations inside Sampletank software although everything is fine in the product manager. 'Tried a few "register product" tricks; 'solved nothing. 'Will try within a few hours the aformentioned solutions and also I will try to uninstall and re-install the product manager.
ghavet3

Postby ghavet3 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:17 pm

Dear all, it now works fine for me. I tried a few times to restart my computer, and to scan again and again my ST4 libraries and suddenly, there it is, WITHOUT CHANGING ANY PATH, it works again! I also tested SYNTRONIK 2 and everything is fine including my recent M12 purchase. So the evidence is given that the authorization manager may be capricious and that changing paths isn't necessary. If changing paths bring an improvement, it is just a coincidence. By the way, new synthetizers sound really great! ;)
ghavet3

Postby ghavet3 » Sat May 14, 2022 10:01 am

I suspect that some of hidden "cache files" may have been be involved in the process, to which the software refer to when checking his own state. I see some of those sort of files appear from time to time. They do not always erase themselves properly when turning off the software and the computer.

So my advice (that comes from someone who owns 99% of IKmultimedia softwares, that I installed manually, which totalizes more than 200 zip files installed by my own), my advice is: BEFORE installing any new decompressed files adding new libraries to ST4, ALWAYS open the product manager AND most important, the ST4 software itself: you will notice that the implementation of new folders and authorizations is made in real time; probably those hidden cache files, which presence I noticed are active and will take into account the new configuration properly before being turned off.

I've even noticed that in this case ST4 often triggers a rescanning of everything by itself without me asking anything, which proves that it constantly refer to those "state" that may permit or forbid the access to the libraries. So keep the software open, make some rescanning when necessary, and turn it off when everything is finished.

Your software will this way remain more stable and will less be sensitive to conflicts when adding new libraries.
ghavet3

Postby ghavet3 » Sat May 14, 2022 12:49 pm

Nevertheless, doing so, never load any sample inside ST4, nor even select any from any group, nor even simply select a group of sounds, because it may impeach the correct installation of the instruments' files.
ghavet3

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More