X-Drive Cab Sim

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

X-Drive Cab Sim

Postby thievedletter » Thu May 05, 2022 9:52 pm

Maybe it's me... but I think it's really silly that the X-Drive pedal has the cab sim enabled for every preset. I have to assume the vast majority of users are going to be using this in front of an Amplitube amp. I find it very frustrating to have to go to the cab sim page and turn it off any time I want to change the preset.

Surely this is an oversight? It makes me not use the pedal at all because it's so annoying.
thievedletter

Re: X-Drive Cab Sim

Postby carlaz » Thu May 12, 2022 4:16 pm

I guess it makes sense for the physical X-Drive pedal, since it seems to be intended principally as an all-in-one rig: you plug into your X-Drive, and run from there straight into the board.

However, I agree that this is not so much how people are likely to use it in AmpliTube (where everyone has a ridiculous amount of modelled gear to hand anyway). Here, the X-Drive is perhaps most likely to be used as yet-another-dirt-pedal, and it would actually be nice if the digital version got at least a virtual "switch" on the "front" of the pedal just to bypass the pedal's cab sim.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 12, 2022 6:10 pm

Yes, that is due to the physical pedal having the discrete outputs but it doesn't translate in as usable/optimal a state for the virtual version. I have brought this to the team's attention, though, to see if there's anything that can be done to retain parity between the pedals (since many demo the physical pedals inside AmpliTube 5 and would like an accurate representation) but make more sense in the AmpliTube 5 context.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thievedletter » Tue May 31, 2022 3:56 am

Thanks Peter!
thievedletter

Postby drewgilman » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:26 pm

Just want to second this. I just purchased Max v.2 and wanted to try the X-pedals in the virtual setting after watching some videos about the physical pedals. I think the cab sim would be great if these were stand alone DAW plugins. But in the Amplitube environment it makes no sense. Please update the software to lock the cab sim in the off position.
drewgilman

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling