Amplitube 5 uneven double tracking mystery

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 uneven double tracking mystery

Postby AndreasJBlack » Wed May 11, 2022 8:42 am

The left channel always seems to have more volume then the other. What's going on here? It's the same for all amps. What is the secret i'm missing. Is it a bug :?: Feels like it. Why would you want the double tracking effect to be slightly louder on the left speaker then the right. This problem has been in Amplitube 5 since i've first got it. I solved it by using two instances of Amplitube 5 but that takes a lof of CPU power which really should be a last resort for such a basic feature. I would have looked in the manual if i could have found the PDF :lol:

Thanks!
AndreasJBlack

Re: Amplitube 5 uneven double tracking mystery

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 11, 2022 12:21 pm

The user manual PDF is installed when you install the software.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1395

It is also available in the IK Product Manager and in your User Area.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby AndreasJBlack » Wed May 11, 2022 5:56 pm

So i've found the Manual thanks to darkstar, and i can't see any clear explanation for this behaviour, still. Unless i'm blind, just red the chapter about signalpaths.

It looks like when you've hit the stereo path the forth choice, the two arrows pointing to the right, to be clear. For unknown reason the Cab have completely different settings which turns into an uneven volume. I want to be clear that all i'm doing is choose an amp in mono mode then flick the Stereo path and in my brain that should now be double tracked with the identical ampsetting on left and right speakers, but no. :shock:

Please explain why this is happening. To fix it i have to double click and look for the exact values on one cab and type them into the second cab. There is no "copy paste" setting here. This should be fixed in an update if possible. Annoying and time consuming for no logical reason, at least in my mind? This was never the case in A-4.

Windows 7 user here with FL studio, any reports on strange behaviour apart from mine?? Cause i cannot believe this is supposed normal behaviour. It just can't be.
AndreasJBlack

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 11, 2022 6:05 pm

The issue is the assumption that AmpliTube 5 would automatically duplicate all gear for an exact double track when you chose the dual routing option. That is one of multiple scenarios in which one would choose to use that routing (and in fact precise duplication would likely lead to sub-optimal audio quality as most doubling has at least subtle changes to avoid auditory issues). You can recreate the same gear on the second chain, and if you need the same exact settings you can copy/paste settings from the amp/cab/etc in each side of the chain (also covered in the manual).

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby AndreasJBlack » Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 pm

I'm sorry if i come of as unpleasant, but what you've just described i've tried several times, and it does not copy the values inside of the mixing console of the cabs, at all!
It's odd, i know! Even tho i hit in the signal chain "copy settings" to the second amp/cab, it just does not work that way, unfortunaly! The only way working is manually typing in the values!

Repeat these steps and explain to me the logic why it is happening, cause i don't get it. It's clear as day this is a bug in Amplitube 5, or it's something with FL Studio and Amplitube 5 in combination that is creating the problem! Who knows!

Open an instance of Amplitube 5, take the basic loaded preset *push the arrows pointing to the right button*. Now i've added two guitars into the channelstrip that's got Amplitube on it. One is panned hard right, and one is panned hard left, two different guitar takes ofc! Now the mystery starts.

What happens now is the amp settings are different, that's easily solved by the method you've explained. Copy settings and paste, fine. Now the ampsettings are OK!
So i do the same with the CAB 1. Copy settings! Paste over CAB 2.

HOWEVER If i go into the Mixer Console and click CAB 2 now i can clearly see that even tho i've copy pasted CAB1 to CAB2, some values are unchanged! The values BUS and ROOM are still completely wrong! So i have to manually change them, which is annoying. All i want is for the ROOM and BUS to be exactly the same so their volumes are even!

Now i'm hiting the BUS volume knob only on CAB1 copy settings and paste settings to CAB2's BUS Volume knob. It does NOTHING! So i have to type in the values manually.

Values for my cabs are as follows when following this precedure, no matter if i copy paste or not, they still stay the same inside of the mixer console,[u] or if you click the speaker/cab icons on the signal paths![/u] These are the values inside of the mixer console

CAB1 - Room -34.5 and bus 0.0db

CAB2 - Room -40.0 & Bus -6.0db. How could that be? It's impossible! to quote the Swedish guitar legend. More is more, clearly not, here less is more. Less volume on one CAB,for unknown reason! :mrgreen:

:roll:
AndreasJBlack

Postby bosone » Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:43 am

i read this post and said to me: it is the same in my recordings!
i am currently working on a metal album
i have doubled my guitars, left and right. same setup using two tracks and two identical amplitube setting.
i'm sending the L and R tracks with identical L and R panning to a single stereo bus and I noticed that the signal is always imbalanced towards one deirection (L or R i don't remember). I have tried to figure out the reason but i simply cannot find any explanation, and I have ended to pan the bus to L/R enough to balance the output.
very weird!
bosone

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:58 pm

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? I'm sure they can be of assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling