Syntronik 2 - Numbers of Presets

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 - Numbers of Presets

Postby oqpoil » Mon May 02, 2022 1:33 pm

DarkStar wrote:Off-topic:
ou mentioned Bonus Content with Syn1 Deluxe. Where did you get that from? I do not recall seeing it anywhere. Nor do I see any Multis installed with Syn1

In "my product" of the "user area" go to Syntronik Deluxe and check the "Download Ressources" button.
oqpoil

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 02, 2022 1:56 pm

Thank you - and there was me thinking that the download would show up in the IKPM :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Steve-xyz » Mon May 02, 2022 1:59 pm

DarkStar wrote:I have edited the post to change the column heading and added the 38 for the J-8 WS.

You mentioned Bonus Content with Syn1 Deluxe. Where did you get that from? I do not recall seeing it anywhere. Nor do I see any Multis installed with Syn1

Thanks for the edits. As for the Bonus Content, yesterday I was researching public information on line to figure out where the Bonus Content came from. So far I found IKM PR or forum references that two were added in 2018, before I had any IKM stuff. I just assumed others had them, but now I am very uncertain about how and when IKM rolled them out . . . .

I did get the impression yesterday that they might have been added to Syntronik products before I got my first IKM products. See:

oqpoil wrote:In "my product" of the "user area" go to Syntronik Deluxe and check the "Download Ressources" button.

CONFIRMED: The dates of my original Syntronik sound content files (including the Bonus_Sound_Content) is the same as my invoice for Syntronik (mid 2020). I got Syntronik Deluxe a year later (mid 2021).

Hope this helps.
Steve-xyz

Re: Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby oqpoil » Tue May 03, 2022 5:29 am

Steve-xyz wrote:
oqpoil wrote:Galaxy: it's 79 and 181 only if you have Syntronik1 Deluxe and installed the Bonus Content ...
J-60: it's 78 and 122 with Syntronik1 Deluxe and Bonus Content,
Pro-V: it's 87 and 122 with Syntronik1 Deluxe and Bonus Content,
SAM: it's 87 and 170 with Syntronik1 Deluxe and Bonus Content,

May be with Syntronik 2 or Syntronik 2 MAX you have the Bonus Content but i don't think you can have this bonus with Syntronik 2 CS or SE versions

If someone can confirm!

Over the past two days I reinstalled Syntronik on an older PC that cannot run Syntronik 2. At one point I had Syntronik 2 CS (not SE, full, or MAX) installed but it didn't run properly. I ended up removing both programs.

It makes sense that the older Syntronik on the old PC may have picked up those higher numbers because I had the all the instrument parts and bonus content installed.

Since they came from the Syntronik zip file downloads, I don't think it is related to Syntronik 2 SE, full or MAX.

It could be that since I have licenses for for both Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe, my downloads included the Bonus Content for the 17 non-Deluxe instruments. So, the bottom line is, maybe people should contact support to ask if they have all the presets they paid for.

Thanks for the clarifications!!!

Apparently the bonus content for presets of the Galaxy, J-60, Pro-V and SAM synths was for registered users of the synths or full version of Syntronik.https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14990 :lol:

They should be available with purchase of the version 2 of these synths but the individual web page of the 22 classic synths has not been updated with the number of v1 presets added with these "bonus contents" and v2 presets added!
oqpoil

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed May 04, 2022 2:02 pm

PHEW!!! I thought my wish list request from February was recently censored because it was officially ruled not to be a wish/request. I just discovered that it wasn't censored, but moved to this thread. Having the prior posts and the recent discussions together in this new (spin-off) thread makes sense!!

For the record, personally I have moved on: while it would be nice to have the Syntronik 1 presets updated so they can be edited with the new editor panel, I have been having too much fun tweaking and creating new presets.

Also, I am burned out from counting all those presets and wave sets over and over with different installations (Syntronik 1, Syntronik 2 CS, SE, and full) to double check the numbers; plus, the creative aspect of working on preset designs is more fun!!
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 04, 2022 5:08 pm

Good approach :)

If you feel that you do not have enough presets then make your own.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby JaCol2020 » Sun May 08, 2022 5:34 pm

Hi

So how are IKM counting the presets on the individual instrument pages? When looking at the instrument presets in Syntonik 2 and Sampletank 4 I see the following
For Pro-VS it says 195 presets on the web page but I can only see 59 playable presets in menu (and in download folders)
For OSC-V it says 97 presets on web page and I can only see 63 listed in menu and download folders
For Megawave it says 112 presets on web page and I can only see 63 listed in menu and download folders
For Sorcerer it says 87 presets on web page and I can only see 67 listed in menu and download folders
For KW80 it says 200 presets on web page not sure how many there actually are as I'm still downloading.
Why is there such a discrepancy between the number of presets claimed on the web page per instrument and the actually amount showing in the menu list? Is there a Factory folder missing or is the web site wrong? Or should I be expecting the full count of presets as advertised on the web page if I purchase the synth? To note I am using Syntronik 2 CS.
JaCol2020

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun May 08, 2022 5:53 pm

Code: Select all
Instrument   IK    Yours     WS
Megawave    112      63
OSC-V        97      63
Pro-VS      195      59
Sorcerer     87      67

Thanks for the numbers. I have tried to put your numbers into a table so I can read them. How many wave sets does each have as shown in the wave set browser?
Steve-xyz

Postby JaCol2020 » Sun May 08, 2022 6:12 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:
Code: Select all
Instrument   IK    Yours     WS
Megawave    112      63     69
OSC-V        97      63         44
Pro-VS      195      59         170 (inc Full Patch tab)
Sorcerer     87      67         21
KW80        200     88        155

Thanks for the numbers. I have tried to put your numbers into a table so I can read them. How many wave sets does each have as shown in the wave set browser?

Hi Steve XYZ thanks for replying. assuming I've looked in the right place (edit window of each instrument then clicking on OSC window and leaving LOAD WAVSET window unfiltered I've counted as per column WS. Thanks
JaCol2020

Postby Steve-xyz » Sun May 08, 2022 7:02 pm

Yeah. I counted wave sets I have from Syntronik 2 full (the original 22 instruments) the same way -click on the OSC, and count the total number of wave sets - unflitered, I counted them in groups of 10. Its interesting. Someone claimed that the IK chart counted both presets and wave sets in the number they posted, but when I added them together (Presets + Wave Sets) the sum was a little bit greater than what they have in the table.

That seems to be the case with the numbers you got with the new instruments!!!

Maybe some of the presets only have one wave set and are not counted twice. I am just guessing. So perhaps the used a formula like:

Number of Wave Sets + Number of Presets with More Than One Wave Set in the Preset.

OR, maybe some of the wave set categories were not counted and some were.

Maybe when I get a few extra hours I will take a look at each and every preset's structure and recount the wave sets by category. Maybe there will be a formula that works for all the Instruments.

In any case, it might not be that IK is intentionally misleading consumers. It could be that different people have different skills and the person that comes up with the numbers is not the person who puts it onto the website.
Last edited by Steve-xyz on Sun May 08, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve-xyz

Postby JaCol2020 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:12 pm

Steve-xyz wrote:Yeah. I counted wave sets I have from Syntronik 2 full (the original 22 instruments) the same way -click on the OSC, and count the total number of wave sets - unflitered, I counted them in groups of 10. Its interesting. Someone claimed that the IK chart counted both presets and wave sets in the number they posted, but when I added them together (Presets + Wave Sets) was a little bit greater than what they have in the table.

That seems to be the case with the numbers you got with the new instruments!!!

Maybe some of the presets only have one wave set and are not counted twice. I am just guessing. So perhaps the used a formula like:

Number of Wave Sets + Number of Presets with More Than One Wave Set in the Preset.

Maybe when I get a few extra hours I will take a look at each and every preset's structure.

Hi Steve-xyz.

Thanks for taking the time out to look and help, it's appreciated. Yes, the number seem greater than the presets themselves when counting the waves (I counted from 9 in the first column because of the nil value of first entry, then did multples of 10 for other columns).

It does make you wonder if they (IKM) are counting a wave preset that you can load in to a blank template via the OSC field in the edit page as an 'Instrument Preset' for the newer synths. As there doesn't seem to be a FACTORY folder for these newer synths.

The older instruments seem fine so far, just loaded VCF3 and once I filtered out the newer S2 presets it matched the quota of presets on the web page.

EDITED - After filtering the OSC tabs the OSC V matches Preset + Waves = correct number of presets.

My assumption is the web pages are out of date and new content has been probably added for the newer synths hence the higher numbers and IKM count presets and waves or full patches = TOTAL Presests.
JaCol2020

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More