Syntronik 2 installation procedure

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 installation procedure

Postby Marathanz » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:07 am

I’m a bit confused about the proper installation way to go for the products in the Syntronik 2 Group Buy…

After choosing from the available models I copy the serial numbers and register them in the Product Manager. But then?

Nothing new appears in the Product Manager. No download or update button…

So I went through the My Products page in my account on the IKM website instead and downloaded all the available files (download resources and sounds) from there.

The files from the download resources don’t install. They seem to be incomplete, or so the unarchiver utility on my MacBook says…

The sound files (dmg files) do install, but there are many of them and it takes hours to manually install them this way AND you have to manually initiate every single installation again…

Is this really the way to go or am I missing something?
Marathanz

Re: Syntronik 2 installation procedure

Postby dsgbass » Tue May 03, 2022 12:29 am

I'm on Windows but maybe this will help...

In the IK product manager, go to the Sounds tab and look for your new Syntronik 2 instrument. If you see a green checkmark instead of an install icon, click on ... More Options > Reinstall Library (if using the default locations) or Install To (if using a custom location.)

I'm not sure why the sound content for every Syn 2 instrument is showing up as already installed on my system but I suspect it's because I had previously installed Syntronik 2 CS which includes a handful of sounds for each synth.

Open Syntronik 2 and let it rescan the database. Once that's done, go into settings and double check the library locations if you are using custom locations. Re-scan if you change any of the locations.
dsgbass

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 03, 2022 1:38 am

This video walks you through the process:

https://youtu.be/nhdzgW24_-U

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Marathanz » Tue May 03, 2022 10:31 am

Hi Dsgbass and Peter,

Thank you guys a lot!
I have to admit, I use the IKM Product Manager all the time and generally love the way it works, but in this case I couldn’t find what to do. I completely overlooked the new synth models under the sound tab… Probably because they already showed as installed?

But thanks! Your replies help me a lot.

I guess, using the “install to” option is also the way to go if one wants to reinstall the sound content to a new location? I’m running out of space on my library disc and I’m thinking what to do: install new synths from the Group Buy to an alternative location (will Syntronik/SampleTank like it if sound content of one instrument is divided in different places?), or reinstall the entire Syntronik 2 library in a different location?
It would have been great if the already installed content could be moved to another location, but I doubt if there’s a IK utility (like Steinberg’s Library Manager) that allows this.

Marathanz
Marathanz

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 03, 2022 10:45 am

I think you are right about the IKPM showing sounds as already installed, if Syn2 CS (and its library) was previously installed. Maybe the IKPM should check for the presence of the library licence files?

Yes you could use "Install to" (and "Reinstall library"?) to put the library in a different location. A quicker way would be to copy the Syn2 library from your disk to another one, then change the library paths in Syn2's Preference Settings. (Disclaimer: I have done this for several IK Multimedia libraries but not for Syn2 itself.)

There is no IK Multimedia utility, just use Explorer / Finder.

Then for future Syn2 sounds installs, make sure that the IKPM is using the new location.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Marathanz » Tue May 03, 2022 11:08 am

Hi DarkStar,

Thanks for your reply!

The only thing that would make it rather complicated (I think) to select all the relevant Syntronik 2 files in my current library location and then copy/reinstall them to a new location, is the fact that I have all my IKM sound content (Syntronik, SampleTank, SampleTron, Miroslav, Modo Bass and Drum etc.) installed to one IKM folder. There it sort of organized itself I can see by the file structure, but it seems that files of different instruments are distributed over the same relative folders, like: instruments; samples; arpeggios; patterns: imported instruments/samples; library info; library resources etc.).
It will be difficult to identify all the relevant content I guess…
Marathanz

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 03, 2022 12:42 pm

True; I was thinking that your Syn2 library was in a separate folder.

Tech Support should be able to give you the best advice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Marathanz » Tue May 03, 2022 3:29 pm

DarkStar,

Thanks a lot!
Marathanz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More