Syntronik 2 sounds expiration date

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 sounds expiration date

Postby julioeroma » Sun May 01, 2022 10:01 am

Hello everyone!
I just bought Syntronik 2 SE and I'm downloading the sounds from my product page.
However, in the IK product manager, in the sounds tab, I see that "n days to download" the Syntronik 2 SE sounds (but when I click to install them it tells me to first install Sampletank 4). I found in older forums of sampletank 4 that these dates show how much time I have left to download and back them up, but does it apply for Syntronik 2 as a standalone instrument too?

Also, I bought Amplitube 5 MAX. Do I need to back up all the sounds just in case or may I redownload all the amps and effects whenever I need (assuming I have authoritations lef)?

Thank you very much in advance!
julioeroma

Re: Syntronik 2 sounds expiration date

Postby meingottwalter » Sun May 01, 2022 11:51 am

julioeroma wrote:Hello everyone!
I just bought Syntronik 2 SE and I'm downloading the sounds from my product page.
However, in the IK product manager, in the sounds tab, I see that "n days to download" the Syntronik 2 SE sounds (but when I click to install them it tells me to first install Sampletank 4). I found in older forums of sampletank 4 that these dates show how much time I have left to download and back them up, but does it apply for Syntronik 2 as a standalone instrument too?

Hi Julio,

Please first check in the settings of the Product Manager that the "Downloads folder" can be read and written. If it is on an external disk, make sure it is properly connected.

If you have installed Syntronik 2 and PM does not install the corresponding sounds, please open a support ticket. This is not a usual behaviour.

Alternatively, you can download the sounds from your "My Products" page and install them manually (unpack the zip files and run each exe file that come within them).

The "expiration dates" only refer to downloading the sounds of virtual instruments. Once you have your sounds installed, they will run forever.

The Syntronik sounds download will expire, no matter if you use the sounds within Sampletank or Syntronik, and no matter if you run your virtual instrument standalone or as a plugin, and no matter if you use PM to install the sounds or install them manually.

The download of the software itself will not expire. E.g., you can download Amplitube as often as you have activations left. You could as well download and install Syntronik on another computer and then install the Syntronik instruments from your local backup.

Or pay 10 Jam Points or a gross ca. 12€ (German tax included) to refresh the download time. I am still struggling whether I will keep buying download time or keep buying backup disks ;)

Also, I bought Amplitube 5 MAX. Do I need to back up all the sounds just in case or may I redownload all the amps and effects whenever I need (assuming I have authoritations lef)?

Not sure what you mean by "backup all the sounds" when it comes to Amplitube. The Amplitube software installer comes with all (amp, stomp, cabinet, ...) models so there is no way (and no need) to backup them. If you might install Amplitube without internet connection in the future, keep a copy of the installer (make sure you have the latest in case there are updates).

If you make your own Amplitube presets, it will be a good idea to keep a copy of them just in case, even though an Amplitube update never destroyed my presets so far (still I coud crash my disk).

Hope this helps. If not, ask.

Good luck! Thomas
meingottwalter

Postby oqpoil » Sun May 01, 2022 12:36 pm

meingottwalter wrote:
Or pay 10 Jam Points or a gross ca. 12€ (German tax included) to refresh the download time. I am still struggling whether I will keep buying download time or keep buying backup disks ;)

You can pay Sounds Download Reactivation Credit of 9.99 with 10 Jampoint or only 30% of 9.99?
oqpoil

Postby meingottwalter » Sun May 01, 2022 12:56 pm

Honestly, I never tried. But it seems you are right and one can use only 3 Jam Points and have to pay the remaining 7€ plus tax ...
meingottwalter

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 02, 2022 4:25 pm

JamPoints can be used for up to an additional 30% off. Full details can be found at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/jampoints/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby julioeroma » Tue May 03, 2022 8:23 pm

Please first check in the settings of the Product Manager that the "Downloads folder" can be read and written. If it is on an external disk, make sure it is properly connected.

If you have installed Syntronik 2 and PM does not install the corresponding sounds, please open a support ticket. This is not a usual behaviour.

Oh okey, thank you very much, I will check it. Maybe I did something wrong.

Alternatively, you can download the sounds from your "My Products" page and install them manually (unpack the zip files and run each exe file that come within them).

This worked just fine and now I have all my synths working properly. Thank you very much!

The "expiration dates" only refer to downloading the sounds of virtual instruments. Once you have your sounds installed, they will run forever.

The Syntronik sounds download will expire, no matter if you use the sounds within Sampletank or Syntronik, and no matter if you run your virtual instrument standalone or as a plugin, and no matter if you use PM to install the sounds or install them manually.

This was very clear and certainly clarifying, thank you so much

Not sure what you mean by "backup all the sounds" when it comes to Amplitube. The Amplitube software installer comes with all (amp, stomp, cabinet, ...) models so there is no way (and no need) to backup them. If you might install Amplitube without internet connection in the future, keep a copy of the installer (make sure you have the latest in case there are updates).

If you make your own Amplitube presets, it will be a good idea to keep a copy of them just in case, even though an Amplitube update never destroyed my presets so far (still I coud crash my disk).

Sorry, I think I expressed myself poorly. What I meant is that, since I bought the Amplitube MAX upgrade, I now have access to amp models, stopms, mics, etc. that are not available in the free version. What I was wondering is if those amps, stomps, etc. that are included only in the paid versions need to (or can) be backed up in order to have them available in future downloads, or they are linked to my account and would be automatically available in future (hypothetical) downloads.

Hope this helps. If not, ask.

It sure did! Thank you very much and have a lovely day!

Julio
julioeroma

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 03, 2022 10:27 pm

^^^^
Regarding the additional gear in AmpliTube. You will always have all that gear in the current major version of AmpliTube, that is, AmpliTube 5.

When / if IK Multimedia release AmpliTube 6, I would expect that all of your current gear will be available in that too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby meingottwalter » Wed May 04, 2022 9:22 pm

Technically, any Amplitube installer (even the free one) comes with all models that are a available at that time. For example, if you install Amplitube CS, you will already have Boogie 1&2 on your computer. You just need to authorize them before it will let you use them.

So if you miss a model that you think you own, you check for following:

1. Do you have the latest update of Amplitube (newer models may not have come with older installers)?
2. Is your stuff authorized correctly?

There is no way and no need to install individual Amplitube models (which is different from the sound libraries in Syntronik).
meingottwalter

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More