Changing location for Syntronik 2 samples

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Changing location for Syntronik 2 samples

Postby irvg » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:27 pm

Is there any way to store the samples to Syntronik 2 in a location other than the default and have the instruments link to them? I tried it and they can't find them, even if I scan the path of the folder where they're located. It will pick up the instrument files, but doesn't link to the samples.
irvg

Re: Changing location for Syntronik 2 samples

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 pm

You have to move the complete library, not just the sample files. As far as I can tell, the instrument-definition files refer to the sample files using path names relative to the library's top-level folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby irvg » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:52 am

I tried that but it didn't work. I can have the instrument files on another drive, but they still look for the samples on the home drive (user/shared/...).
irvg

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:34 am

In that case, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More