install questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

install questions

Postby chicagobears316 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:54 am

Hello,

With all of the stuff I got on the 25th anniversary deal, it's filling up my drives so
I've going to try moving the libraries to my external SSD so I can move it between computers and save overall space by avoiding duplication.

I have a few questions. When I use the product manager, I see that it's saving everything compressed, but I can't tell if it's actually installing them, or if I still need to. Can those files be moved to an archived location (for if I need to reinstall after 180 days) or do I need to do something with them?

I noticed that I no have both ST4 SE and ST4 regular files available for download. Is there a reason to install both or should I just install the regular version?
chicagobears316

Re: install questions

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:24 pm

A1: the install for any particular item happens after the download. The IKPM does the download then runs the installer. You should see the usual install window. When done, the status is the IKPM should say installed.

And, you can look in your DAW (for new plug-ins) or on disk (for new sound libraries) for the newly-installed items.

A2: Once an item has been installed you can move the download file(s) from the IKPM downloads folder to a back-up disk. Then you can clear up the IKPM downloads folder. If you need them again, copy them back into that folder.

A3: I think that all of the ST4 SE sounds library is in the ST4 library. There are PDFS at the bottom of this page listing the included sounds and a comparison PDF: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/#sounds
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chicagobears316 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:25 pm

Got back to working on this before my downloads expire in a few weeks. My goal was to move everything to a large USB drive and with the exception of Shipwreck, which I can't get to download there (some error about too many folders for ST4), it works. However, I've noted that every time I close and reopen sampletank, it loses the pathways to nearly all of the instruments on the external drive and I have to individually add them back in. Any ideas on how to correct this?
chicagobears316

Postby chicagobears316 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:47 am

I tinkered around and got all of the above issues resolved on my desktop, so I move to my laptop because the main drive is full so I need to start clearing space and figured using the same file on the external drive would be the way to go as it would allow me to remove them from the main drive. I noted that everything except Brandenburg piano and future synths was set up off of the main drive, so I assigned paths from the external for those first.

They still both show as locked.

Oddly, despite being locked, future synths shows up twice in the dropdown at the top and works.

If I search for Brandenburg it comes up, but all items is greyed out. If I click on one, it tells me I need to authorize Brandenburg, but it's not something that can be authorized.

Any ideas?
chicagobears316

Postby DarkStar » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:05 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chicagobears316 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:30 am

I figured it out. I had to use the old auth manger. It would be nice if the product manager indicated that. I do find it odd the future synths still worked before auth.

Now I'm trying to wrap my head around installing all of the ST4 stuff. I thought I had, but the download cancelled when I ran out of space, at least on the laptop. I have to recheck the desktop.
chicagobears316

Postby chicagobears316 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:55 pm

1 last question. Do any of the ST4 files or the updater file need to be run on the second machine, or are the libraries installed on the portable drive from the other machine all good to go just by plugging it in (i.e. are there vst or other files that could go on the C drive that I'd have to run the install again for)
chicagobears316

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:29 pm

If the sounds library on your first system is up to date then that should be fine. But ... you will need to install / authorize the software on the second system.

And there are probably some folders / files 9n "My Documents" (or equivalent on OSX). I think that the software install installs them too. But you may have added files to those folders.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More