Syntronik 2 GB Questions

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 GB Questions

Postby Teksonik » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:44 pm

Sorry to be thick headed but say the GB goes all the way to all 33 instruments, I'll then be able to uninstall Syntronik 1 since it will no longer be useful?

Will the Combis I made for Syn1 load in Syn2 ?

If the GB falls short of 33 can Syn1 and 2 reside on the same system ?

Will all the new instruments show up separately in our accounts or will they be under Syn Max if the GB goes all the way?

What about the instruments I already own? Will I get fresh download links or would I have to pay for a download token?

I have them all backed up but I'd have to dig through several old drives to find the files since I've owned Syn1 since 2017.

Just trying to plan in advance what steps I'll need to take to get everything up and running with minimal effort.
Teksonik

Re: Syntronik 2 GB Questions

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:16 pm

The general abbreviation for Syntronik is "Syn"; ST is used for SampleTank. So I have edited your post, correctly, I hope. :)

A1: Uninstall Syn1 - yes, if none of your projects use it. Syn2 does NOT replace Syn1 in your projects or on disk.

A2: Combis - yes, they should, as the Syn 2 software includes an embedded (hidden) Syn1 engine.

A3: Syn1 and Syn2 co-exist - yes.

A4: Listing in Accounts - In your User Area / My Products they will be listed individually (after you have selected the ones you want). In the IK Product Manager, they should appear individually on the main [Sounds] tab.

A5: Already-owned instruments: No need to download them again, just add the library path to Syn2's Preference Settings. Edit: that is, if you mean Syn2 instruments; for any Syn1 instruments that you have you would want to download those to get the additional instrument presets.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Teksonik » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:01 pm

Ok thanks for the answers. I went ahead and joined the Group Buy.

I've noticed a few things right off the bat. According to the Manual:

7.2.3 – Step Transposition
Each step can be transposed to offset the pitch with a range of +/- 24 semitones. The field above each step lets you set the transposition from -24 to +24 semitones by clicking and dragging up or down.

However I can only get it to go + or - 12 semitones. Even manually entering an amount of +-24 only results in +-12. This occurs on two systems both running Windows 10.

Also the Step Sequencer has no pitch tracking. In other words the same pitch is played for any key played regardless of pitch. Hitting a C plays the exact same notes as hitting an F#.

I could be missing something but I don't see any obvious settings that could change that behavior.

I notice in the EQs most notably the EQ PG that the frequency bands are flipped. The higher frequency bands are at the bottom, lower frequency bands at the top. This seems very counter intuitive.
Teksonik

Postby Teksonik » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:26 pm

Ok I found the Mod Matrix entries to set semitones for the Oscs.
Teksonik

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:31 am

Ah ha. Hi Teksonik, I did not realise that it was you. :)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:45 pm

Yes it's me. :)

Did you get a chance to test the Arp Step Transpose issue I posted above?

I can only get it to go + or -12 semitones rather than the +-24 noted in the user manual. It doesn't matter what Arp Mode is selected.

Also the Step Sequencer doesn't appear to have pitch tracking.
Teksonik

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:47 pm

Yep, it is only +/- 12 here.

And the Step Sequencer has a fixed note per step, rather than relative to the key pressed.

PS I have added to my reply above.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Teksonik » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:39 pm

So can you report the Step Transposition issue as a bug ?

The manual says:

7.2.3 – Step Transposition
Each step can be transposed to offset the pitch with a range of +/- 24 semitones. The field above each step lets
you set the transposition from -24 to +24 semitones by clicking and dragging up or down

+-24 is really useful so if it could be fixed that would be great.
Teksonik

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:07 am

I have no special route /access to Support. ;)

But you can report all the issues to Technical Support, via here. Search the FAQs first, if they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Teksonik » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:50 pm

To be honest I absolutely hate IK "support" and any form of support tickets. It requires the end user to jump through hoops just to report something that should have been caught before the product left beta. I have not had the best of luck with IK "support" in the past so hence the attitude.

Anyway I just opened a support ticket after taking the time to fill in all the information like my DAW version number so let's see if there is a response.

Or someone from support could just read their own forums. :roll:
Teksonik

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:18 pm

Yes, I can sympathise with your view.

Support does not regularly read all the posts here, hence my suggestion of a Support Ticket.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More