Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 pm

anilnc wrote:Ok. So you mean old presets that are included with v2 version of the synth? Or every presets with v2 version will be able to edit in Syn2 CS instead of only new presets?

You can only edit V2 presets with the V2 functionality because of the new wave sets mentioned in the FAQ which didn't exist in V1 (hence you cannot edit them).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby meingottwalter » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:37 pm

anilnc wrote:Thank you Peter for adding about this in faq.
I'm still confused if it is only the new presets added in v2 of synth that can use edit in SYN2 CS or both new presets as well as old presets which are included with v2 of the synth. For example in Memory-V version 2.

Thanks meingottwalter, you could please confirm the above?

I am not sure about this. There are 90 .st4i files that came with Memory-V v2.

All .st3i files related to Memory-V (147 if I counted correctly, as they are spread over several folders) have an older creation date, so I believe (meaning don't know for sure) they came with Memory-V v1, which I had installed a long time ago.

By the way, I would not know of any reason to still use Syntronik 1 if you have Syntronik 2, except for exactly one: Not wanting to change any old DAW projects that already use Syntronik 1 (and thus don't need any of the new presets). This is the only - and a very strong - reason not to immediately remove Syntronik 1 from my PC.
meingottwalter

Postby anilnc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi, No I don't have Syn2 so will only use CS version
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby meingottwalter » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:10 pm

anilnc wrote:Hi, No I don't have Syn2 so will only use CS version

So do I.

Syntronik 2 CS will

- scan for all Syntronik .st3i files in its known instrument folders (you can tell Syntronik 2 CS where to look the same way as in Syntronik 1) and make them accessible in the "old" way (yes, all your Syn 1 synths will play in Syn 2 CS!).
- give you a small number of .st4i files (roughly 3 presets for each synth model) and their necessary samples - for free.
- give you all effects that come with the paid-for versions of Syntronik - for free (not sure if this depends on whether you have a paid version of Syntronik 1).
- scan for the .st4i files of those individual Syntronik 2 synths you buy and make them accessible in the "new" way (which includes the old way).

Enjoy! Thomas
meingottwalter

Postby anilnc » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:55 am

Hi Peter and Thomas,

Thanks. I'm sorry for troubling. I'm not able to get proper understanding or put my question correct way.

For example, I'll participate in the group buy, I'll get all the new synths plus the 22 synths. Will the 22 synths (assuming they v2) have "ALL" the presets that were included with v1 and editable in syntronik 2 CS? Or only the new presets?
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
anilnc

Postby meingottwalter » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:53 am

anilnc wrote:For example, I'll participate in the group buy, I'll get all the new synths plus the 22 synths. Will the 22 synths (assuming they v2) have "ALL" the presets that were included with v1 and editable in syntronik 2 CS? Or only the new presets?

Hi anilnc,

I had a look at the ZIP files that I got from the MyProducts page in the "Syntronik 2 Memory-V Sounds Download" section.

- SYN_Memory-V_Part_1.zip contains samples (.pak) files as well as version 1 preset (.st3i) files.
- SYN_Memory-V_Part_2.zip contains only samples.
- SYN2_Memory-V.zip contains the new version 2 preset (.st4i) files.
- SYN2_Memory-V_SL_Update.zip contains just one more .st4i file.

So if you buy a v2 version of a "classic" synth (such as Memory-V) and a v1 version of a "Syntronik 2 only" synth (such as M12), I'd expect you to get:

- 60 new presets of Memory-V with all the old and new editing possible
- 147 old presets of Memory-V with only the old editing possible
- Some new presets of M12 with all the old and new editing possible (don't know how many)
- No old presets of M12, since it is a "Syntronik 2 only" synth

To answer your questions as asked:
- Yes, you will get all v1 presets when you buy the v2 version of a synth (let me know if you ever use them, as the v2 presets are more fun).
- Yes, you can edit the v1 presets in Syntronik 2 CS, but only the Syntronik 1 way (the new "Edit button" will be grayed after you load a v1 preset into Syntronik 2).

And by the way, the preset browser of Syntronik 2 CS lets you filter by the version of the presets. I always set this filter to v2 ;)

And by the way, it makes perfect sense that there are less v2 presets than v1 presets. v1 presets are "hard wired" with a set of samples, while in the "Edit" mode of a v2 preset, you can pick any sample of the same synth, which makes you much more flexible to build your own presets.

Cheers, Thomas
meingottwalter

Postby anilnc » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:08 am

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for taking your precious time for checking this for me. Means a lot.

Regards
Anil
anilnc

Postby IKmarco » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:27 pm

I’ve read through all this and though I have a lot more knowledge, I’m not sure I’m any the wiser

I bought Syn1/V1 Deluxe in the last GB. I downloaded Syn2 CS as advised by IKM.
Would I need to buy the Full version of Syntronik 2 to get most out of this latest GB or do I just need to buy the synths/instruments to get the full Syn2 engine?

And an honest answer for those who’ve gone from V1 Deluxe to V2 - do you think it worth doing, even if you get, say, 7 or 8 of the instruments on offer in the GB?

Will you keep running V1?

Thanks
IKmarco

Postby IKmarco » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:26 am

I can’t edit my previous post (or can’t see how to) so I’ll boil my question down. Forget Syn1 and it’s sounds, presets and editing for now

I have Syntronik 2 CS installed. If I buy the 11 new Syn2 instruments (through GB hopefully) can I edit those sounds in Syn2 CS or can I only play them?

If Syn2 CS edits Syn2 synth sounds there’s no point in buying the full Syn2 at this point as there is a possibility that you could acquire all the Syn2 versions of the 22 Classic synths as well as the 11 new instruments from the Group Buy

It seems best to buy a new v2 synth instrument and grab the 10 new ones free. If the group buy doesn’t get much further than 10 free synths then you haven’t missed out on that much as the Syn1 Deluxe and all it’s instruments/presets will carry on working as before, only within Syn2 CS (as well as within Syn1)
IKmarco

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:05 am

A!: You can edit them on the EDIT page. You can try that now: in Syn2 CS, go to the instrument Browser select "Generation 2" in the filter, load any of those instruments and click [EDIT} at the bottom of the GUI.

A2: Yes, you might get the "Syn 2" editions of the 22 Classic synths in the GB, if the number of participants is high enough. That, as I understand it, gives you the Syn1 synth (exactly as in Syn1 Deluxe) plus additional "Generation 2" presets. Those new presets can be edited on the EDIT page.

A3: That sounds like a plan. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby anilnc » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:55 pm

Thanks IKmarco and Darkstar. I'm already in for GB as well. Cheers.
anilnc

Postby anilnc » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:49 pm

I find the preset "90s Break Bass" from Bully Synth sounds different in Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2 CS. I checked all parameters are same including all the effect processors. Why does it sound different?
anilnc

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:01 pm

Is that a .st3i or .st4i file type?

If the first, then, in Syn2, it should play in the embedded Syn1 engine and sound exactly the same. Are the volumes exactly the same? And the FX? Try disabling the effects too.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 pm

Ah, it is an .st3i instrument.

And it does sound different; here's a recorded zoomed-in audio clip of the same instrument loaded into Syn1 and Syn2.
Big pic >> https://i.imgur.com/FS5AHMd.png

But some of the FX settings (for the Phaser and Black 76) are slightly different. And I have just seen that Syn1 shows the parameter value when you hover over a knob, but in Syn2 you have to click the knob (and run the risk of changing the value :()). That's a step backwards.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby anilnc » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:22 pm

Yes, it is st3i I think as this preset appears with Syntronik 1 generation selected.

I noticed the mouse hover feature removed in the syn2 CS. :(

How to report or ask for bringing that back?
anilnc

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More