Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Syntronik 2 instruments vs syntronik 1

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:26 pm

DarkStar wrote:Yes it is confusing; that's why I picked a specific example. And your interpretation is the same as mine.

Maybe someone who has bought or got Blau in the GB can give us the exact number of presets and whether they can be edited of the Syn2 Edit page.

Yes, exactly. As you already stated, the official IK web page states...

Content

Over 1.5 GB of content
Over 2,000 samples
90 instruments

So therefore I'd have to say there are only 90 instruments. And these are most likely just the original Blau V1 instruments/presets which can not be edited.

Will you be setting up an 'official' Group Buy thread for this GB, as there was for the last GB so we can keep track and discuss as it progresses ? Id like to see what others are saying.
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:39 pm

There is already a group buy thread where all promo posts go. There shouldn't be much confusion - you get the Syntronik 2 version of the synth, note that each card on the group buy page on the IK site specifies this like "Syntronik 2 - Blau" etc and you get the full Syntronik 2 version of that synth.

If you need specific counts or clarification on that level, I'd suggest contacting the experts on the IK Support team who can provide such details.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anilnc » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:26 am

Musical.Alchemy wrote:It doesn't make much sense for those of us who already have V1 Synths to buy them again if there is no difference. I hope you can see where the confusion lies.

My exact doubt.

Peter_IK wrote:These are v2 synths (all 33) so you wouldn't have restrictions in editing, etc.

Ok. thanks.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby anilnc » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:34 am

Peter_IK wrote:These are v2 synths (all 33) so you wouldn't have restrictions in editing, etc.

Even Syntronik 2 CS version can edit all the presets right? If I understood correct that the only difference between CS and full version Syntronik 2 is no. Of presets and upgrade previous version, but all features remain same.
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
anilnc

Postby lyesbkz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:52 pm

I have just purchased the "Syntronik 2 - M-12" from the Custom Shop as part of the Group Buy, however I have received the v1 "Syntronik M-12" in my account and no sign of the v2. I'm not sure what's gone wrong, could you please help with this?

Edit: It's possible I'm being a bit slow here, I don't think there was a M-12 in Syntronik 1 so maybe this is the Syntronik 2 version and it just isn't labelled with the 2 like the other synths. I'd appreciate some confirmation of this, though :)

Edit 2: Support have responded and confirmed there isn't a v2 of the M-12 at all, so I'm even more confused now by the above quote :?

lyesbkz

Postby meingottwalter » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:29 pm

Hi lyesbkz,

Edit: It's possible I'm being a bit slow here, I don't think there was a M-12 in Syntronik 1 so maybe this is the Syntronik 2 version and it just isn't labelled with the 2 like the other synths. I'd appreciate some confirmation of this, though :)

Edit 2: Support have responded and confirmed there isn't a v2 of the M-12 at all, so I'm even more confused now by the above quote :?

To me, the statements "Edit" and "Edit 2" sound mutually compatible. I agree that it is most likely that M-12 has never been a Syntronik 1 instrument and thus M-12v1 is the Syntronik 2 instrument.

There should be an easy way to test that if you have M12 installed. Just load it into Syntronik 2 and see if the "Edit" button works, as this only works with Syntronik 2 instruments.
meingottwalter

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:41 pm

They must have mistyped or something since M-12 didn't exist until Syntronik 2 was released.

It is under "11 new synths" here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/s ... p?p=synths

Note we now have a FAQ entry for the v1 vs v2 questions we've been seeing: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1431

I already have Syntronik Deluxe with the 22 original Synths. Why do I need to buy them again for Syntronik 2?

The Syntronik 2 version of the original 22 Synths adds new presets built using the updated Syntronik 2 engine that works with the new EDIT page, and it also adds the essential Wave Sets for each Synth that enable you to select the sound in each oscillator.

You can use the original Syntronik 1 version of these Synths with the free Syntronik 2 CS software. The presets will sound exactly the same, and you can edit the presets in the same way as in Syntronik 1. You will also have access to the new effects and step sequencer of Syntronik 2. But you will NOT be able to access the new EDIT page and use the Wave Sets since those require the updated sound content created with the Syntronik 2 engine that are only available in the Syntronik 2 versions of the Synths.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lyesbkz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:52 pm

Thank you both for your help. I can access the Edit panel and everything seems to be in order, so I'm going to stop worrying about version numbering and start enjoying my new sounds!
lyesbkz

Postby meingottwalter » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:07 pm

anilnc wrote:Even Syntronik 2 CS version can edit all the presets right? If I understood correct that the only difference between CS and full version Syntronik 2 is no. Of presets and upgrade previous version, but all features remain same.

Syntronic 2 CS can edit all Syntronik 1 instruments the same way you can edit them back in Syntronic 1.

I just got my Syntronic 2 version of Memory-V so I can see the difference:

- The sample files look the same (same number of files and sum of bytes and I "hashed" one of the .pak files which apparently was identical)
- The Syntronic 2 "instrument" files (file names ending .st4i) are different from the Syntronic 1 "instrument" files (ending .st3i).
- Whether or not any .st3i filed come with the v2 of Memory-V, I have not checked.
- When I load a Syntronic 1 Memory-V preset in Syntronic 2, I can use it the same way as I did in Syntronic 1.
- Loading a Syntronic 2 instrument into Syntronic 1, I have not tried. But I suppose Syntronic 1 won't scan for .st4i files so they probably just won't show up at all.
- When I load a Syntronic 2 Memory-V preset in Syntronic 2, I can use it the same way as I did in Syntronic 1 and have additional editing possibilities, such as adding oscillators.

Whether these editing possibilities are worth your money, is up to you. At first glance, I like them a lot. Using maximum Jam Points, that fun cost me a gross 40€ (German tax included). Works for me.
meingottwalter

Postby tgorycki » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:23 am

I look at it this way: You can get 11 brand new Syntronik 2 synths for $50 minus any Jampoints you may have (up to 30% off). Plus, you would get additional editing capability and new presets for any Syntronik 1 synths you may already have (all hinging on maxing out the group buy). Seems like a pretty good deal to me!
tgorycki

Postby anilnc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:24 am

Thank you Peter for adding about this in faq.
I'm still confused if it is only the new presets added in v2 of synth that can use edit in SYN2 CS or both new presets as well as old presets which are included with v2 of the synth. For example in Memory-V version 2.

Thanks meingottwalter, you could please confirm the above?
anilnc

Postby Steve-xyz » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:07 am

"If you need specific counts or clarification on that level, I'd suggest contacting the experts on the IK Support team who can provide such details."

Back in early March I tried to clarify with IK Support how many of which type of presets (syntronik 1 v. syntronik 2) came with which products and worked with the new syntronik 2 editor panel. They didn't know and said they don't keep track of that.

Some Background (Feature Request/Wish List from Feb 28):
Steve-xyz wrote:
DarkStar wrote:"deep editing on Syntronik 1 patches." is not technically possible as they use the Syn1 engine.

Syn2 includes the Syn1 instruments, upgraded to use the Syn2 engine (and are .st4i instrument files), so you can edit them on the Edit page. "The Edit Panel is only available for new Syntronik 2 presets including the new presets created for the 22 original Syntronik synths. "

The Syn1 synths in Syn2 have two categories of presets:
-- presets new for Syn2, these can be edited on the Syn2 Edit page,
-- presets that were originally provided in Syn1, these cannot be edited on the Syn2 Edit page.

For example, Blau has 90 presets in Syn 1, 100 in Syn2 SE and 150 in Syn 2, So 10 can be Edited in Syn2 SE and 60 in Syn2.

I wish all the Generation 1 presets included in Syntronik 2 SE were the new, updated, editable versions. I have nowhere near the 1000 Syntronik 2 presets I should have based on the IKM product comparison table.

Also, I wish that IKM provided complete lists of which presets are supposed to be included with each version of Syntronik 2, the generation of those presets, and the wavesets included with each instrument (bundled and a la carte).

Thanks.

Mod Edit: For clarity, I have added the other section of my post to the quoted section.
Last edited by Steve-xyz on Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steve-xyz

Postby anilnc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:17 am

Steve-xyz wrote:"If you need specific counts or clarification on that level, I'd suggest contacting the experts on the IK Support team who can provide such details."

Back in early March I tried to clarify with IK Support how many of which type of presets (syntronik 1 v. syntronik 2) came with which products and worked with the new syntronik 2 editor panel. They didn't know and said they don't keep track of that.

And I already contacted them and still waiting for their reply. Due to the current deals etc they might be busy.
anilnc

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:28 pm

anilnc wrote:Thank you Peter for adding about this in faq.
I'm still confused if it is only the new presets added in v2 of synth that can use edit in SYN2 CS or both new presets as well as old presets which are included with v2 of the synth. For example in Memory-V version 2.

Thanks meingottwalter, you could please confirm the above?

Old presets cannot use Syntronik 2 editing functions because it is impossible - they don't have the v2 content so they cannot use the editing that requires that new content. The v2 presets do.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anilnc » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:06 pm

Ok. So you mean old presets that are included with v2 version of the synth? Or every presets with v2 version will be able to edit in Syn2 CS instead of only new presets?
anilnc

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More