SampleTron 2 *presets* in SampleTank 4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTron 2 *presets* in SampleTank 4

Postby dyross » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:46 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if / how SampleTank 4 supports SampleTron 2 presets / tape effects.

I can load, for example, the "Chuck Tron Off The Roof" preset as an instrument in ST4, and the description is "Instrument Preset Created in SampleTron 2". This instrument *does* have SampleTron's tape effects playing, but I can't seem to find anywhere in ST4 to edit them.

I've also tried creating my own SampleTron 2 presets in SampleTron 2 itself, but those don't seem to be available in ST4.

How does this work?

Thanks,
David
dyross

Re: SampleTron 2 *presets* in SampleTank 4

Postby dyross » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:27 am

As an update, I was able to get my user-created preset into ST4 by clicking on the SampleTron 2 icon in the library and clicking refresh.

This still leaves the question as to how ST4 is playing the tape effects of SampleTron 2 - is it updating the sample when it imports it (and overwriting it?), or is ST4 secretly utilizing the same tape effects engine, though without making it accessible?
dyross

Re: SampleTron 2 *presets* in SampleTank 4

Postby dyross » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Closing the loop on this, this from the release notes was pointed out to me and clarifies things:

4.1.4 2021-05-20
What’s new in SampleTank 4.1.4

New Vintage Plate effect
Internal support for SampleTron 2 tape effects
General reliability improvements.
dyross

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More