Plug-ins not seen by Live 10

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Plug-ins not seen by Live 10

Postby jayn_night » Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:03 pm

Hi,

Can anyone help with this, I downloaded a couple of products to my new Mac, but no plugins are appearing in Ableton 10 yet. In my PM it says the products are authorised. I can't be sure how to authorise on the new machine, I opened the authorization manager which I've got on the new Mac, but can't see how to use it, if I need to.

Hopefully you'll understand my situation, and have the strategies I need.

Best regards

Jane

PS not sure exactly how to make a new post, and hope this is reasonably related to the topic I found
jayn_night

Re: Plug-ins not seen by Live 10

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:28 pm

To create a new Topic, just click on [New Topic] on any of the pages listing the current topics. Make sure that you pick the most appropriate sub-forum.

As well as downloading, did you install the products? The IK Product Manager should do that for you. Then you need to tell Live 10 where to find the plug-ins. So when you install any of the products keep an eye out for the folder selected (you can change it) for the plug-in.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jayn_night » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:56 pm

Thanks a lot or your quick reply Dark Star.

I was cheered up in the middle of the afternoon, as I kept perusing the IK informations, found my way, I think it was with article 29, about authorizing software.

Your comment that I read in this topic, saying 'first of all' choose the directory, or destination for libraries got me more focused. The installations of software automatically work fine, for staying on the machine. It was the authorising I was bothered about, but when I read up, I used the authorisation manager - saw I had to input the serials, noticed them with the products descriptions, and began to see it through. I've happily got some of my favourites on the new Mac now thanks. But, have I gone about it in the right way...?

My remaining question is, should I have checked the size of all the libraries, the samples before I got started? [I thought this as I was getting underway with putting a few favourites, like Mixbox and T Racks 5 on, relatively easy to install.] Because I want to have it all on the machine, and so I should estimate the amount of drive space I will have and I might need, to be able to avoid having to use an external drive while in the music production process. [There is the limited time option of possibly going for a bigger drive size on the Macbook Air.]
Probably there are guides about how big the different libraries are...aren't there?

There is so much material, Sample Tank 3 & 4 (I didn't get to using them a lot since then or sorting out 4 in relation to 3 due to space problems). Syntronik, so many synths, and Sample Tron 2 I got in the special group buy.

Really great to see your post, thank you

Jane
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:38 am

I think that the library sizes are mentioned in the System Reqs (or the Versions page) for the products.

Note that the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") leaves the downloaded files on disk, so that you can back them up or do a re-install. I would back up the Sounds Library downloads to an external disk so that you will not need to download them again or possibly need to pay a Downloads Reactivation fee.

So, once you are happy that a library has been installed correctly, you can back-up the downloaded file(s), then delete them from the IKPM downloads folder to get back some disk space.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:43 pm

That's very helpful, I'll check out the sizes. Thank you for these guidelines.

I was keeping the dmg's from installing sounds on my hard drive last time. So I can get them from there once I install sample tank. Hopefully I've got them all.

Thanks,

Jane
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:53 pm

In the future, you can always move a complete sounds library from one disk to another.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jayn_night » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:46 pm

Thanks Dark Star, good to see this message too.

It looks like the libraries I've got will be nearly 300 GB, so I'm going to want to get more hard drive space. I know some people have huge libraries much bigger than that.

Do you have a lot of free hard drive space? What computer did you say you use? You have all your content on the machine I imagine, isn't that best if you can? I want to be able to run it smoothly and get to use it well eventually.

Jane
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:40 am

Windows 7 SP1. 2 TB of library disk space, on 2 additional disk drives. Free disk space, about 100 GB at the moment.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re:Moving my samples from previous library to new machine

Postby jayn_night » Mon May 16, 2022 3:49 pm

Hi

Can you help or advise please when I've had a problem using my backed up samples from the sample tank library which includes the orchestra the synths from Total Studio max 2, the message on my new computer that it can't install or open the dmg's.

I saved the dmg's for Sample tank 3 and 4, but it can't open them. I think they need to be updated perhaps.
I tried moving the library as a whole, but it don't think it's worked. files from my library on my back up drive.
I should have written earlier,

Jane
jayn_night

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More