ExpansionTank Libraries in any recent version of SampleTank?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ExpansionTank Libraries in any recent version of SampleTank?

Postby samrhansum » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:16 am

Hello all,
I refuse to give up finding a solution for my situation. And I've got hope there's some genius here that knows an answer.

I've got some sweet ExpansionTank libraries bought over 10 years ago like the "Dirty South Grooves", "Trip Hop Collection" and some Vintage Kits. I believe these worked with SampleTank2 back then (and like 4 computers ago in my studio). I've got a music licensing need to revive these old libraries and create some "retro" urban tunes for a few TV shows. But I cant seem to get these to load in anything recent. Tried to reload an old copy of SampleTank2. It didn't seem to work. IK told me to update to ST4. So I did. And they wont load. Then I was told I would have to "re-buy' the libraries so they would work. I did. And they wont load. I've tried to load SampleTank3 and no joy. :cry:

ANYONE got an idea how to get these old babies loaded up and rocking again?
samrhansum

Re: ExpansionTank Libraries in any recent version of SampleT

Postby DarkStar » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:40 am

Those libraries were originally produced for SampleTank 2 (or 2.5).

One option would be to (continue to) work with Technical Support to get ST2 installed on your system.

Secondly, install ST3 and Import those libraries into there. Then you can use them in ST3 (which is what I do) or ST4. Check in your User Area / My Products. I think that even the free "SampleTank Custom Shop" edition (v3.7.3) will \Import them.

Finally, I would reply to Support saying that ST4 cannot load those libraries (and does not have an Import feature) and insist that you get a refund for re-buying the libraries.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: ExpansionTank Libraries in any recent version of SampleT

Postby samrhansum » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Thank you DarkStar. I will look into each point you made. Fingers Crossed.
samrhansum

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More