ST4 / Syn2 "Building database"

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 / Syn2 "Building database"

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:40 pm

Every so often, when I load these products, they decide to Rebuild the database, even though nothing has changed. This is annoying as it can take several minutes (I am typing this post while the rebuild is being carried out).

Anyone-else getting this?
Any ideas what is the cause?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: ST4 / Syn2 "Building database"

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:54 pm

Support Ticket raised.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Steve-xyz » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:34 am

I'd be curious to know what the possible causes are. It happens to me, too. Today when it happened, I just hit cancel with no ill effects. It could have been that I search for some presets today, or that after updating MODO DRUM to 1.5 (just the software) I reverted to the previous version before shutting down my computer and then going to bed yesterday, or that I used a program to search for sti files, who knows. But I would be interested to know if there is a definitive list for non-manually triggered scans/rebuilds. If someone tells you, I hope its not pursuant to an NDA or something.
Steve-xyz

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:21 pm

Support has said that It is by design. It is simply a system check to ensure that the sound content is accessible.

And, if the disk path has not been changed, I can click cancel on the scan and all will be OK.

Nevertheless it is still annoying.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Steve-xyz » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:11 am

DarkStar wrote:. . . It is by design . . . . And, if the disk path has not been changed, I can click cancel on the scan and all will be OK.

Thanks!
Steve-xyz

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More