Sample Tank 2.5.4 Sounds Dreadful

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank 2.5.4 Sounds Dreadful

Postby james.dowding » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:04 am

Hi All

I have just installed Sample Tank 2.5.4 on a new laptop (Windows 10). I copied all the sounds from the original disks to the install location. No external audio interface used.

When I run Sample Tank in standalone mode, every instrument sound awful and distorted. Does anyone know what to do?

Secondly, Sample Tank is not showing up as a VST in Cakewalk by Bandlab - any ideas?

The same is happening with Sonik Synth 2.1.1....

Hoping you can help...
james.dowding

Re: Sample Tank 2.5.4 Sounds Dreadful

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:39 am

Hello james.dowding and welcome to the forum.

I would suspect that your issues are due to your ST2 and SS2 being too old to be run on an uptodate OS such as W10. Both of these products have either been superseded by newer versions or are classed as legacy products.

To get absolute confirmation, as this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Sample Tank 2.5.4 Sounds Dreadful

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:09 pm

Those two products are 32-bit only. Could that be the reason for their non-appearance in Cakewalk?

But I cannot see why the stand-alone programs do not sound good on Windows 10. Surely older software should still run on newer Windows systems?

Maybe other users of ST2.5.4 on WIndows 10 will comment.

-----------------------------
One option, if you have access to ST3, is to Import the ST2 and SS2 libraries into the ST3 library. Then use that library in ST3 or ST4. That is what I have done - it's working well on Windows 7.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More