Syntronik 2 Max

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 Max

Postby rzrocks » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:24 am

Hello everyone,

I have bought the Syntronik 2 Max. I am a previous owner of Syntronik 1 and Deluxe version. My whole ordeal with getting Syntronik 2 up and running has been somewhat of nightmare. I have been in contact with Support for a week now and I don't feel as if I am getting anywhere.
I am wondering if anyone else has had these problems, and what are the potential solutions.

1. CATO- It reads that this synth over 3 GB of content. When I go to download this from my sounds, it only downloads 243MB. It contains "PART 2" and "UPDATE". I have asked support whether there should be a "PART 1", and I really haven't received a solid answer. They are looking into it, and would get back to me. I'm told to go to my sound page, go to the product, click more options, and reinstall. Not really an answer.

2. KW-8000- Everytime I download this synth, and I extract the audio. I get the following message.

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying this file:
Error 0x80010135: Path Too long
KW-800 Waveform 03 Acoustic Piano 2-Osc Det1 CH slow.pak
Type: PAK File
Date modified: 10-18-2021 1:44 AM
Size 107MB

This continues for a more extractions. This happens on "PART 2" and "PART 3". I am wondering if there is something on IK Multmedia's end that could be corrupting this. The reason being if I download the same thing and the thing happens over and over again. Maybe it's not something on my end. I was advised to disable my firewall and antivirus, it crashed my system. Again, an answer I was given was, go to my sound page, go to the product, click more options, and reinstall. Not really an answer.

Sincerely,
rzrocks
rzrocks

Re: Syntronik 2 Max

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 am

Please reply to the email from Support, let them know that the suggestions did not work and ask for further advice.

The IKPM aims to make download and installation easier. But, you can also get the Syn2 download files from your User Area / My Products, then install each one individually. But, you have said that a CATO file is missing from there. What happen if you download / install CATO using the IKPM?

As for the "path too long" - what is the destination folder set for your Syn2 library? ABd did you install that using the IKPM or from your My Products?

Finally, for those two synths - what download files do you have in the IKPM downloads folder?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rzrocks » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:46 am

Thank you for your response DarkStar,

I own Syntronik 1 and Deluxe, so I was trying to download the new synths via IKPM. The other way that you have stated via USER Area/My Products doesn't exist in my files for Syntronik 2. The sounds for all my other Synths are still there. Syntronik 2 isn't there unfortunately. So all sound is downloaded from IKPM

What I guess is throwing me and any support I get are the terminology used. EX: In IKPM, it could read install CATO to say D\IK Multimedia. All I see it doing is downloading sound content that needs to be installed. But it's not stalled yet.
Where I want the sound content to be installed would be something like D\IK Multimedia\Syntronik 2 MAX. This what I thought should work. D is an external Drive. From What I am seeing this is working.

You asked the question regarding CATO and KW-8000 "what download files do you have in the IKPM downloads folder?"

CATO KW-8000
PART 2 PART 1
UPDATE PART 2
PART 3
UPDATE

Obviously these come in ZIP files. When I go to extract the KW-8000 from its ZIP folders, is where I get those error messages. This is just extracting the ZIP folder to the desktop or C Drive. That's when I would Install the sound content

An unexpected error is keeping you from copying this file:
Error 0x80010135: Path Too long
KW-800 Waveform 03 Acoustic Piano 2-Osc Det1 CH slow.pak
Type: PAK File
Date modified: 10-18-2021 1:44 AM
Size 107MB
rzrocks

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:35 pm

If Syntronik 2 MAX is not listed in your User Area / My Products and you have Registered its Serial Number, then Support will be able to look at your Account and see what is going on. Moderators and Administrators here have no access to user accounts.

In the IKPM, the downloads go into a folder that you select in the Preferences. Sounds libraries can be installed into other folders as long as you select the folder in the "Install to ..." choice BEFORE you start the download. More details are in the IKPM User Manual, available by clicking the {?] button.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby rzrocks » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:51 pm

Syntronik 2 Max Resolved for me,

I have owned this software since Jan. 22 of this year. I had been using the IKPM to download all my sounds to my hard drive. There I could extract them from their ZIP files so I could install onto a different drive. A few of these synths were missing files from downloading via IKPM. This was based on download size and error messages that I was constantly getting. IK Support wasn't much help here. They kept telling me go to my sounds page. Go to the synth/more options/reinstall. This did not resolve it for me.

DarkStar got me going in the right direction. DarkStar told me a few nights ago to use USER AREA/ MY PRODUCTS to download my sounds. Well, a few nights ago, those sounds weren't in USER AREA/ MY PRODUCTS. I have a snapshot to prove this point. At this point, I've owned the software for a week already. I checked on it last night, and somehow they were there. I was able to download, install, and use Syntronik 2 with no real hassle. Last night I finally had everything up and running.

In my opinion, that there is something wrong with IKPM when downloading sounds. After I have complained to IK Support about the size of the download and error messages, IK Supports solutions is to keep reinstalling something that is going to not work, it's not a solution. Or the idea of going to my USER AREA/ MY PRODUCTS wasn't mention even once, or that fact I had owed the software a week without my sounds being there. It's quite a bit of frustration from me.

The resolve is to download it from USER AREA/ MY PRODUCTS, it should work perfectly. Until last night, I didn't have that option. I hope this will help anyone else who has this problem. Thank you DarkStar for your answers!!!

Sincerely,
rzrocks
rzrocks

Postby DarkStar » Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:22 pm

I am glad that you have got it sorted out. :)

Thank you too, for returning and letting us know how you resolved the problem; not everyone does that.

Please reply to Support saying that:
(a) their suggestions did not work (and could not work if the IKPM did not download all the files),
(b) the download files were not available in your User Area / My products until yesterday, (NB they will only show up after the software is Registered).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Slappy888 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I also purchased Syntronik 2 Max when it came out in November and ever since I had preset issues. I’ve just tried Darkstar suggestion with the user area and reinstalled the CATO synth as a test and when I select the CATO synth in the Syntronik 2 synth selection screen I counted the presets and only have about 80 for that synth but the website advertises 122. Is this right? Do any of Syntronik 2max have the full 122? I’m I missing presets?

I have contacted IK support in December and they keep telling me they are looking into it. With Covid and everything I understand ot takes long but I just want to know if everybody has the same number of presets.

Thank you for your comments in advance
Slappy888

Postby rzrocks » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:00 am

Hello Slappy888,

I am kinda ashamed to say I have never counted presets. I was just a happy to get my Syntronik Max 2 up and running. I can't say I am a big supporter of IK Support sometimes. They told me they were having trouble with their servers and they were investigating it. I'm afraid I'm not much help in here. Good Luck!!!

rzrocks!!!
rzrocks

Postby Slappy888 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:20 am

I know I don’t usually but I noticed the side scroll bar was pretty big and that what got me thinking some presets might be missing. I use the Cato synth as an example but I keep installing it and I always end up with only 78 when I count the presets instead of 122. If you have Syntronik 2 max could you please load the Cato synth only and count how many presets you have. If you get the same number then maybe I am wrong but if so where are the 34 others then?
Slappy888

Postby twilson74 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:21 pm

OK, I did what was suggested here and downloaded the sounds from the user area-- I did the Cato and the SynerV and it was a bit time consuming but once I was done I no longer had patches that would give an error message when selected. So it was a nice fix I guess.

However I only counted 78 presets in Cato. I counted about 92 in SynerV. So if there are more presets and my new installation is leaving some out-- then I guess maybe it's an issue. It says there should be 213 presets in SynerV and 122 in Cato.

I just went through my Syntronik and counted 120 presets for the GS-V and looked at the IK website and it says there should be 191 presets. So at this point I'm just going to assume that about half of the presets I should have across all instruments with the Max upgrade are not here. I'm not going to rant on here but I find it confusing and irritating.
Last edited by twilson74 on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twilson74

Postby Slappy888 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:25 pm

Yeah I have the same numbers.
Slappy888

Postby Laplag » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:45 pm

Same numbers as you for the CATO synth, Syner-V synth.

Personaly, I’m having the same problem with the 99 synth (199 presets instead of the 224 expected).

Seems to be a problem that applied to a lot of the available synth.
Laplag

Postby Slappy888 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:03 pm

I have been trying to take vare of this with support but I can never get a clear answer is it 78 or 122 presets I should see in the preset browser.
Slappy888

Postby Slappy888 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:47 pm

maybe they count the wave presets found in the new EDIT panel for the new Syntronik 2 Synths.
Slappy888

Postby Slappy888 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:22 am

Does anybody have 122 presets for Syntronik 2 Cato synth?
Slappy888

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More