Syntronik 2 - sounds keep repeating?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 - sounds keep repeating?

Postby twilson74 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:41 pm

I'm having an issue in Syntonik 2. Any preset that is an arpeggiated sample or a sequenced sample just keeps repeating when I take my finger off the key. It only stops when I press another key-- and then THAT sampled note goes on forever or I have to use my mouse and click the little "exclamation point" in the upper right area of Syntronik 2 to kill the note.

Please fix this issue.
twilson74

Postby zzz00m » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:55 pm

^^^
It sounds as if you may have enabled "Latch" in the player. This feature is designed to keep the pattern playing. Try unselecting it.
zzz00m

Re: Syntronik 2 - sounds keep repeating?

Postby twilson74 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:01 pm

Hey zzz00m, thanks for the reply. The issue wasn't happening on every repeating/arp patch just some. For example, I pulled up the patch "Triplet String Arp" in the GS-V instrument and got the unwanted repeating issue.

I went into the Player screen and saw that Latch was selected by default. So when I unselected it, it went back to a normal function where the note began to end after I released the keys.

Maybe some patches are just set this way, with latch mode on by default on purpose? I gues I can live with it, it just surprised me-- it seemed like a bug. But now that I know there's an easy fix when I get this effect (when it's unwanted), it's not an issue.

Cheers!
twilson74

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More