SampleTank sounds "expired"?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank sounds "expired"?

Postby humangarbage666 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:06 pm

My PC's harddrive had to be wiped. Once I had it back up and running I went to reinstall SampleTank to find I have been locked out of the sound downloads linked to my account. I kept on getting redirected to something trying to charge me a tenner. How can I get the sounds I own back? It's put a spanner in the works of a project.
humangarbage666

Re: SampleTank sounds "expired"?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:21 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Explanation: For many years, the big Sounds Libraries have had a 180-day download period. After that there is a single Download Reactivation fee that needs to be paid to make all those downloads available for a further 180 days.

IK Multimedia recommends that those downloads are backed up to disk to avoid the need to download them again.

In your position, I would contact Technical Support and explain the circumstances and see if anything can be done to help you out.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/

PS 1 The sounds download / installs are now handled by the IK Product Manager.
PS 2 If you have a second drive in your system it could be better to install the libraries there.
PS 3 BEFORE starting the sounds downloads, read the IKPM User Manual to see how to set the installation folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby humangarbage666 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:31 pm

Why would I back them up to my disk when they're linked to my account? At least, that's how it works with literally every other software distributor I've ever used.

Please don't underline the word all like i'm getting a great deal here. If bought a book, started it, didn't pick it up for a six months, I would not expect to find the words on its pages replaced by "please go back to waterstones and buy this book again, sorry." I wasn't aware I had to make a backup - making account is, in 99.99% of cases, accompanied by the implication that the holder backs your stuff up in exchange for your email address.

If the downloads just "expire" after such a short amount of time why are they even linked to my account? Are they made of milk???

Who else has this policy? How was I supposed to know this would happen when I wiped my drive?
humangarbage666

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:27 pm

The emphasis was just to show that the fee need only to be paid once to reactivate all the libraries, rather than being needed to be paid for each library..
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby humangarbage666 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:41 pm

It's my stuff... it shouldn't have to be paid at all.
humangarbage666

Postby santixolas » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:24 am

humangarbage666 wrote:It's my stuff... it shouldn't have to be paid at all.

100% agree.

I must add that the lack of support of old products follows the same policy (only money matters)

I Have Miroslav gen 1 and can't upgrade my mac or simply loose them. They are just sounds not a software and the new soft should had a free player to read them That's call evolution. In Monterey not even ST3 you could install for them to run. :(

A sad comercial policy.

Never buying Ik Products again. They only last 10 years.
santixolas

Postby garfy » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:23 pm

santixolas wrote:I Have Miroslav gen 1 and can't upgrade my mac or simply loose them. They are just sounds not a software and the new soft should had a free player to read them That's call evolution. In Monterey not even ST3 you could install for them to run.

If you are currently running an older macOS with Miroslav 1 in ST3 you can save them in a format that can be used in ST4, as per this FAQ.

You can then use the sounds in the free CS version of ST4 on the latest macOS.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby santixolas » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:44 pm

garfy wrote:
santixolas wrote:I Have Miroslav gen 1 and can't upgrade my mac or simply loose them. They are just sounds not a software and the new soft should had a free player to read them That's call evolution. In Monterey not even ST3 you could install for them to run.

If you are currently running an older macOS with Miroslav 1 in ST3 you can save them in a format that can be used in ST4, as per this FAQ.

You can then use the sounds in the free CS version of ST4 on the latest macOS.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Garfy. That info made my day.

I've search for so long in google and in foruns for a way of doing that but somehow never found it until you reply.

I'm so very thankfull to you.

Even so, i've tried several times to found the right folders to copy after the import in st3 on the older mac and what to import in st4 on the new one.

Should be automatic (or at leats with some help, like a guide or something in ik) and with the register in our accounts doing the rest like humangarbage666 said.

I like to produce and create music and audio without spending 3 or 4 hours a day trying to resolve informatic problems

Anyway, a big thank you once again.
:D
santixolas

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:23 pm

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby humangarbage666 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:09 am

Hi DarkStar, I sent an email to IK Support on Monday but have heard nothing back. How can I just bypass the download limit? I'm stressed enough following my hard drive wipe.
humangarbage666

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:57 am

If you mean the Download period of 180 days, that cannot be bypassed.

If you wish to escalate your Support Ticket, please have a look at the forum Guidelines thread.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More