"Save preset" doesn't remember folder or preset name

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

"Save preset" doesn't remember folder or preset name

Postby dmitch » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:11 pm

I'm new to MODO Drum, and I've hit a snag that is so basic that I figure I must be doing something wrong. I'm using a custom preset. I edit something in the kit and want to save the result. I hit the "Save" button next to the preset popup. I get a Save panel...but that save panel doesn't contain either the folder the current present came from, or even the current preset's name. Every time I want to save some changes I make to an existing custom preset, I have to "Browse" to get to my custom preset folder, and then type in the preset name to save, which is the current preset name.

Ever since the stone age - like 1980 - you've always been able to save your current work in any program by hitting "Save" somehow. (Edit > Save. Cmd-S. Etcetera.) No folder navigation, no entering file name - just "Save". Is there a way to do this simple "save" in MODO drum?

Thanks.

This is MODO Drum 1.1.3 as a plugin to Logic Pro 10.7.2.
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Re: "Save preset" doesn't remember folder or preset name

Postby dmitch » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:11 pm

FWIW, I determined that this only happens when both of these are true:

1. You're using MODO Drum as a DAW plugin, not as a standalone app. AND
2. The preset was not originally saved in the default "PresetsGlobal" folder (I.e. it was stored in a subfolder).

So the workaround, if you're using MODO as a DAW plugin, is to store presets only at the top-level PresetsGlobal folder.
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS