Connecting to a keyboard with usb?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Trouble connecting irig pro duo to an app

Postby iamdaveB1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:29 am

Trouble connecting irig pro duo to an app

I'm trying to connect to my iPhone and the ravenscroft piano app.

I have the midi out of my keyboard to the midi in of the irig. That's connected to my phone and output audio connected to a speaker. When I press the keys on the app I hear sound. but when I press keys on the keyboard I get no sound. Batteries are in and a red light blinks on the midi o the irig continuously.

In the app I do have the irig selected as the midi in/out

I am using the 5 pin midi out of the keyboard. The keyboard also has a USB host and the wide USB connection if that would work better.
iamdaveB1

Connecting to a keyboard with usb?

Postby iamdaveB1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:41 am

Does a keyboard have to have the 5 pin midi jack to connect midi to the irig? Some keyboards only have the USB output.
iamdaveB1

Re: Connecting to a keyboard with usb?

Postby iamdaveB1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:38 pm

Yes it does and I'm using the 5 pin to midi in. On a side note, is there a way to use the USB out on a keyboard instead?

Any idea why the 5 pin isn't working for me?
iamdaveB1

Re: Connecting to a keyboard with usb?

Postby Nokia2690 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:47 am

I'm facing similar issues from last few days. Tried few solutions but nothing worked :| :

[Mod edit: Irrelevant, suspicious link removed. Posting further such links could result in a forum ban.]
Nokia2690

Return to Interfaces & Controllers