Axe I/O: Play with Amplitube over Spotify/Youtube

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O: Play with Amplitube over Spotify/Youtube

Postby marcroth » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi,
I am considering buying an Axe I/O, but wondered whether it's possible to play through Amplitube (standalone or as FX in Reaper) while in parallel listen to Spotify/Youtube from Win10 through the Axe I/O. This works perfectly with the iRig HD2 (Amplitube through Asio iRig, Spotify through the iRig windows driver, all to the one line out).

I hesitate, as I've read posts on Amazon, Thomann, and this forum saying that this doens't work with Axe I/O. I would find this strange, as with the multiple line out channels of Axe I/O one should be able to route the different sources on the device (without using VB-Audio Virtual Cable).

It would be great, if anyone who owns the device could share their first-hand experience on the matter.

Thanks Marc
marcroth

Re: Axe I/O: Play with Amplitube over Spotify/Youtube

Postby Hasanyildiz » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Hasanyildiz

Postby marcroth » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:29 am

Thanks, but well, I don’t want to use the Asio4all (but the native driver) and with IRig HD 2 it works without VB-Audio. Thus the question here. Marc
marcroth

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:35 pm

marcroth wrote:Thanks, but well, I don’t want to use the Asio4all (but the native driver) and with IRig HD 2 it works without VB-Audio. Thus the question here. Marc

The FAQ mentions the iRig ASIO driver. If the FAQ didn't help, IK Support can help you at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby marcroth » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Thanks Peter, yes, the FAQ implies that with the iRig ASIO driver it's not an issue, which I can personally confirm for iRig HD2. However, it seems AXE I/O uses yet another driver than the iRig Asio (at least it's not in the list).

Can no-one give me a clear-cut answer whether it's possible with AmpliTube to play along to music on Windows using the Axe I/O with the Axe I/O driver? I don't want to go back to Asio4all, was not stable for me. Else I better stick to iRig rather than upgrading to an Axe I/O.

I gave up contacting IK Support, they've never answered my question (been waiting for answers for months).
marcroth

Postby Hasanyildiz » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:56 pm

marcroth wrote:Thanks Peter, yes, the FAQ implies that with the iRig ASIO driver it's not an issue, which I can personally confirm for iRig HD2. However, it seems AXE I/O uses yet another driver than the iRig Asio (at least it's not in the list).

Can no-one give me a clear-cut answer whether it's possible with AmpliTube to play along to music on Windows using the Axe I/O with the Axe I/O driver? I don't want to go back to Asio4all, was not stable for me. Else I better stick to iRig rather than upgrading to an Axe I/O.

I gave up contacting IK Support, they've never answered my question (been waiting for answers for months).

oh sorry, my bad.

I have axe i/o solo and i have same problem I would like to use youtube or spotify as a backing track but i can not. i dont know why and ik multimedia support does not help, they do not answer
Hasanyildiz

Postby Hasanyildiz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:35 pm

I solved problem. I unistall asio4all and any other driver also axe control panel, restart pc and install axe control panel. It is working well right now. Spotify, youtube etc. You can listen or you can use as backing track.
Hasanyildiz

Postby jnaloxone » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:26 am

Hasanyildiz wrote:I solved problem. I unistall asio4all and any other driver also axe control panel, restart pc and install axe control panel. It is working well right now. Spotify, youtube etc. You can listen or you can use as backing track.

Did you install VB cable? I have the same issue and can't make it work, even with the IK instructions.
jnaloxone

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:31 pm

This thread needed a lot of clean up. Please review the rules before posting.

IK Support does answer every request/ticket. Please check your spam/junk folders for any responses and if you have a ticket that is either taking longer than you'd expect and/or isn't being handled to your satisfaction the post at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 gives specific information how to handle that on this forum (since this is not a tech support forum per the aforementioned rules).

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers