Something I Do Not Understand...

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Something I Do Not Understand...

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:58 pm

I recently upgraded to Total Studio 3.5. Overall speaking, happy with it. But there is something I do not understand. When it comes to Syntronik, why are there two separate 99 and Blau libraries in the ST4 MAX column that shows your libraries? There are Syntronik 99 and Syntronik 2 99 libraries along with Syntronik 99 and Syntronik 2 99 libraries while all the other synths are combined into single libraries. Why is that?

Also as a side note question, there are a few libraires I did not want cluttering up the library menu such as Philharmonik 2 CE since I have the full version and Syntronik Free since I have Syntronik 2, so I went into the ST3/ST4 folders they were located in and deleted them. After doing so, they are still showing in the menu (with "show authorized libraries" chosen), only at the very bottom of it with download down arrows on them that when pushed takes you to the IK site to log in. While them being delegated to the bottom of the menu is better than nothing, is there any way to get them out of the menu altogether so they do not even show up in it at all?
- IK User -

Re: Something I Do Not Understand...

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:02 pm

Also is there a way yet to rearrange the libraires in the menu the way you choose? As in say for just one example you want SampleTron 2 up more near the top of the menu as opposed to the bottom of it, a way to move it to where you want it? Or for another example, say you want all the Syntronik synths side by side with each other as opposed to the Syntronik Deluxe synths side by side then the new Syntronik 2 synths further down the menu side by side. To have the option to arrange the libraries the way you choose if not possible now would be a great feature to include in a future ST4 update. If it is possible now, someone please enlighten me on how it is done.
- IK User -

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:02 pm

The double libraries in Syntronik have been posted by other users. Please report it to Support too as a bug.

I do not know of a way to remove libraries from the Browser (they niggle me too). Support might have a way. Or add it to the wish-list. Same goes for rearranging the libraries.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:45 pm

Oh great. I hate making support tickets. I always view them as last resorts after I tried everything else. I am going to wait at least a few days and see if anyone else comes along that may can provide some insight that could help. The issue of rearranging libraries can be subtracted from the equation considering I do not think the abiliy to do so is even in play yet, so if the case no one can provide insight in relation to doing something to fix it. So it can be viewed as just more of a suggestion for a future feature that be included in an update.

The main reason I started this thread was to try to figure out why there are two libraries for the 99 and Blau synths when all the rest of the Syntronik synths have one. If that is not supposed to be the case, I guess it is a bug that I will have to follow up with support on if no one can provide insight on here how to fix it. If is not a bug and it is supposed to be like that, I would still like to know why considering it seems to me as a user it would be overkill and help with work flow if the two differing libraries of the two were combined into one as the others. However maybe there is a good reason I am overlooking if it is not a bug, but I would like to know that reason if so. Just sayin'.

As for the issue of being able to get out of the library menu altogether libraries you do not want in it, if there is a way to do so, I still would like to know it. If there is not yet, just view that as a suggestion as well for a future update along with the ability for users to rearrange the libraries to their own personal liking.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Something I noticed about libraries you delete out of ST3/ST4 folders you do not want in the library menu still showing up in the menu, it does not apply to all of them. I deleted a few others that I thought I would not use (but I reinstalled them later just in case) and they actually were no longer in the menu anymore after ST4 rescanned. But the Philharmonik 2 CE version and Syntronik Free with a download arrow on them still are after deleting them, albeit they were delegated to the very bottom of the menu when they were up near the top of the menu before.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:51 pm

Oh. One more feature that could be included in the future at some point is a drag and drop feature. So, for just one example though it could apply to basically any sample, say you want to use a snare wav file using SampleTank, the ability to simply drag and drop it into a slot on SampleTank then use it like any other preset (including editing it with SampleTank's internal edit tools, using SampleTank's internal effects on it, etc.) would be a very cool feature.

But to clarify, I am not coming at matters from the position of being a discontent user, just one with eyes on the future and pushing the boundaries of the current status quo. I have used SampleTank for awhile and still do. But let us not overlook the possibility of making cool cooler. Talking about an evolving epic that just keeps getting better and better with time.
Last edited by - IK User - on Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:19 pm

*Excuse this post. Accidently quoted my last when I was trying to edit a little something in it and now cannot delete it. This post should not exist. lol.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:43 pm

However if a drag and drop feature is included in the future, which surely would up the game and make it even cooler than it is now, make sure there is a good time stretching option involved if it does not do it automatically. You know how in some cases when you load a sample in some instruments then you go up the keyboard the sample speeds up and when you go down the keyboard it slows down and you obviously can tell. The option to at least avoid that should be included. So for another example, say you drag and drop an organ sample, make it so it has the ability that when you play up and down the keyboard it actually sounds like an organ instead of a sped up and slowed down sample. And the same concept applies to other instrument, vocal, etc., samples. If time stretching is not automatic, then include the option to turn it off or on. Any SampleTank drag and drop feature would call for a good time stretching feature.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:22 pm

Then on top of SampleTank specific libraries, IK could also start offering SampleTank specific sample packs as well people can drag and drop into SampleTank, albeit with the option to use elsewhere as well. While music to the musician who actually loves it is the most important thing, I understand IK has a bottom line to look after as well and there is a lot of time and money at times put into software development, so IK can expand into offering SampleTank sample packs as well (which again are geared toward use with SampleTank, but technically could be used in other situations samples are needed) and pull in a little extra cash from it. Just a thought. Win/win for IK and customers.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:33 pm

Oh. And one more thing just popped into my head for some reason and could even work with the size the slots are now (though the option for the user to magnify could also be included). Get this. When you drag and drop the sample, it can be designed that you see the waveform and you can adjust the start and end times as you please in the slot. Just a thought.

Anyway, back to the original topic and away from the digression.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:12 am

Though I will say more thing about the possible drag and drop feature. How about simply automatic mapping when drop the sample in the slot? Drop it in the slot, it automatically maps, then it is ready to play across the keyboard. Simple as that. The current import samples feature is cool, but the ability to drag and drop individual samples (even the option to layer one on top of the other if you want to push the envelope even further) would take it to the next level.

Ok. Now back to the initial subject. I am aware I can digress pretty hardcore at times and before I know it have a couple of pages written if I do not watch it. lol.
- IK User -

Postby - IK User - » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:19 am

I will but provide one more critique on ST4 while on the topic. But again, before I do, I would like to clarify once more I am not coming at this as a dissatisfied customer, but one just giving some constructive criticism on things that could make it even better in my opinion.

Anyway...

The critique being on resizing. While the ability to resize was certainly a step in the right direction, the option to resize it and make it smaller as well as larger would be two steps in the right direction. The option to do both should be in play. And I am coming at matters from the position of the default size being the smallest size it can be scaled down to; the size it is when you first insert the plug-in and open it in a DAW with no prior saving of a session after resizing it or the standalone when first opened. One should be able to resize a bit smaller than the default size or a bit bigger depending on their needs at the time the resizing takes place.
- IK User -

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More