ST4 won't let me access any libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 won't let me access any libraries

Postby Bcassatt88 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 am

I'm on an M1 mini if it matters. I have ST4 SE, Miroslav 2, Syntronik Deluxe, and a few of the ST expansions, and earlier today I was using all of them without problems. Then a couple hours ago, I tried to load a Trumpet sound on ST, and it said it couldn't find it.

Then I restarted ST and literally every library was gone, even ST4 SE and CS were blocked, no instruments show up on my instrument list, and the little icons on the left now indicate I haven't purchased anything. I checked the standalone program and its doing the same thing.

I did not delete, install, or move any files, and all the file paths are all the same and have been working for months. I tried doing all the authorizations again through the IK product manager, and through the authorization manager, and I tried doing "restore my purchases" on Custom Shop, and none of it made any difference. The sound files are all stored on an external drive, as they have been the last 6 months or so without problem.

I also have MODO bass and drums, and T-Racks, and I checked and those still work perfectly. Does anyone know what I can do about this? The FAQs didn't help.
Bcassatt88

Re: ST4 won't let me access any libraries

Postby Promidi » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Have you reconfirmed that the folders as defined in settings > Sound Content have not changed for some unknown reason, and are still pointing to the actual location?.

If they are correct, try a database rescan.

If you have redone all the authorisations and it’s still not working, that is the next thing I would try.

If that does not solve the issue, then a ticket to IKM support might be in order.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/
Promidi

Re: ST4 won't let me access any libraries

Postby Bcassatt88 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:57 am

Hey, thanks for the reply. I had all the sound content on an external drive, so eventually I just moved everything back onto my internal drive at the default location, pointed the installer at that folder, reinstalled everything and moved it back to my external drive and changed the file paths in ST to the new external drive location. Somehow that worked, so I don't know what was broke or missing, but reinstalling everything fixed it. Thank you.
Bcassatt88

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More