Axe I/O Connection to Amp

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O Connection to Amp

Postby zanshin » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:23 pm

I have an odd issue. I've been using Axe I/O and Amplitube 4 for a couple years. When I first set it up I could never get it to connect properly to my amp. I've read the user manual, and searched extensively online, and from my understanding the setup should be:

1.) AMP OUT of the AXE I/O to the INPUT of amplifier
2.) Connect guitar to AXE I/O Instrument inputs 1 or 2

I have never been able to get this to work. But, it does work when I use the HEADPHONE jack from the Axe I/O to my amplifier input, instead of AMP OUT. But the problem is I get my guitars clean sound in addition to whatever pedal setup in Amplitube. Its never really been an issue until recently I've been toying with more fuzz and distortion, and you can really hear the "clean" sound under it so it sounds like 2 guitars playing. I've toyed with this so much and it was so frustrating I just gave up and lived with it but now I have some time to try and fix it. Here are my Axe I/O and Amplitube settings. https://imgur.com/a/ZOVDVKS

If anyone has a moment to help me get this set up with the proper AMP OUT would be appreciated!
zanshin

Re: Axe I/O Connection to Amp

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:46 pm

Amp Out is for re-amping so that, by design, should only output a clean DI signal.

You should send either headphone out or 1 & 2 summed to mono out to a guitar amp. However, note that sending AmpliTube to another guitar amp may not give you the desired results either as you are using amp and cabinet emulation in AmpliTube and then sending it into a guitar amplifier which does two things: colors the sound specifically for guitar, and has a limited frequency range (not a bad thing but due to being purpose-built for guitar). You may want to turn off cabinet and even possibly amp sections in AmpliTube if you want a good sound out of a guitar amp for the reasons I stated.

Also, if you are hearing the clean sound you might not have the monitor knob set correctly. To hear only the sound effected by AmpliTube you would turn that knob all the way to "DAW".
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby zanshin » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:55 pm

Thanks very much Peter, turning all the way to DAW fixed the issue with the clean sound coming through, so basically my issue is resolved sounds much better now. I guess most people would use monitors instead of a guitar amp? Maybe if I get better at playing I'll invest in some one day :) for now ok with the results I'm getting on my cheap $100 vox amp! Thanks again and Merry Christmas
zanshin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:17 pm

Yes, most are likely running through studio monitors or otherwise full range speakers. I'm sure it doesn't sound bad through your amp and you have a couple of tips about things to try in my last post anyway that might help :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers