Reinstalling SampleTank 3 and 4 sound libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Reinstalling SampleTank 3 and 4 sound libraries

Postby supanorton » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Good morning,

I'm in the process of reinstalling my sound libraries to an external drive for use on a MacBook Pro. I've been in touch with support, who have guided me pretty well by telling me to create two folders for all my sound libraries (SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4), but I have one question:

Do I reinstall LA Confidential and London Grooves go in the SampleTank 3 folder?

Support doesn't get back to me on the weekends, so I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.
supanorton

Re: Reinstalling SampleTank 3 and 4 sound libraries

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:25 pm

supanorton wrote:Do I reinstall LA Confidential and London Grooves go in the SampleTank 3 folder?

"LA Confidential" is part of the new libraries of sound content for Sample Tank 4. I didn't buy that one, but I did get Alternate Keys, Clavitube and Synthwave. That one would definitely go in the Sample Tank 4 folder.

"London Grooves" is part of the older Sample Tank 3 libraries and would go in the Sample Tank 3 folder.

Here is the link to the original post when the new Sample Tank 4 libraries were released:

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23583

Dave
dlgebert

Postby supanorton » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:59 pm

dlgebert wrote:
supanorton wrote:Do I reinstall LA Confidential and London Grooves go in the SampleTank 3 folder?

"LA Confidential" is part of the new libraries of sound content for Sample Tank 4. I didn't buy that one, but I did get Alternate Keys, Clavitube and Synthwave. That one would definitely go in the Sample Tank 4 folder.

"London Grooves" is part of the older Sample Tank 3 libraries and would go in the Sample Tank 3 folder.

Here is the link to the original post when the new Sample Tank 4 libraries were released:

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23583

Dave

Thank you so much. I've been having crash issues since I installed London Grooves and LA Confidential. Certainly my fault for not knowing where to send LA Confidential when I downloaded it. Support has me reinstalling my entire library for the second time.

What a nightmare.

Anyway, thank you for your help.
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:35 am

Another question about reinstalling:

The IK Product Manager shows the following Syntronik sound libraries:
Syntronik, Syntronik 99, S Blau, S Bully, S DCO-X, S Galaxy, S Harpy 260, S J-60, S J-8, S Minimod, S Noir, S OXa, S Polymorph, S Pro-V, S SAM, S String Box, S T-03, and S V-80.

The “Syntronik” sounds download is 48 gigs. Are the libraries in “Syntronik” different from the individual libraries of the same names?

If I download the individual libraries, am I just duplicating?

Thanks for any guidance here.
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:49 am

Not that I know of. Those individual libraries are for users who have the Syntronik Free.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby supanorton » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:58 am

DarkStar wrote:Not that I know of. Those individual libraries are for users who have the Syntronik Free.

Thanks, DarkStar! I didn’t install them. Hopefully, support will confirm. For me, the help/FAQ links to to SmapleTank 4 installation leave much to be desired!

I appreciate your help.
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:21 pm

DarkStar wrote:Not that I know of. Those individual libraries are for users who have the Syntronik Free.

I’m just wondering: those individual libraries have nothing to do with the Syntronik standalone vs. Syntronik inside SampleTank 4 (well...3 inside 4)? I just want to be done with and test the reinstall. Thanks, again.
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:35 pm

supanorton wrote:

I’m just wondering: those individual libraries have nothing to do with the Syntronik standalone vs. Syntronik inside SampleTank 4 (well...3 inside 4)? I just want to be done with and test the reinstall. Thanks, again.

I have confirmation from support that installing the individual libraries would be redundant. Please mark as resolved, and thank you, again.
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Now I'm slightly confused.

The Syntronik standalone library is the same as the Syntronik library within ST3.

When you install the Syntronik software, you do need to install the sounds library too. There are in separate download files, not in the software download. I cannot remember how many separate download files there are - perhaps one for each Syntronik instrument?

Doesn't the IK Product Manager show you what's available?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby supanorton » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:39 pm

Open The Product Manager and go to "sounds", go to "Syntronik", it shows 48.2 gig collection containing individual files with the names I mentioned above.

The product manager has individual/stand alone collections named: Syntronik 99, S Blau, S Bully, S DCO-X, S Galaxy, S Harpy 260, S J-60, S J-8, S Minimod, S Noir, S OXa, S Polymorph, S Pro-V, S SAM, S String Box, S T-03, and S V-80.

As far as I can tell, each of these sound collections contains the same file names as each file in the sound in the large sound library from the stand alone, "Syntronik".

Believe me, I'm confused too. Everything was working perfectly until I installed the Product Manager followed by LA Confidential and London Grooves, which I installed to the wrong locations. I have a thread of about 20 conversations with support trying to sort out these issues, but they often answer only a part of my questions, leaving me playing guessing games, asking here, and asking them the same questions over and over. I've been trying to get these reinstalled for about a week now. It doesn't help that I'm brand new to SampleTank.
supanorton

Postby iamvincec1984 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:48 am

I’ve been wrecking my brain trying to find a solution to a similar problem. So last year I bought TS 2 boxed ver and installed that with no issues. I upgraded to TS 3.5 max and downloaded everything until I realized I only had 2gb left on my main drive. So I contacted ik about a solution to move those files to my external drive. I got the same response as mentioned on here as well as an option to move the files over to the next destination by dragging and dropping them in.

Ok fastword did all that opened up sampletank4 removed the old file located and updated to the new location both Sampletank 4 and 3 libraries show but a vast majority of the other libraries that used to be there now are asking me to download them again. When I click on them it takes me to my products on the ik website where I can download and install them.

When I do that I still can’t find them and they still show up as needing to be downloaded again. All of the syntronik stuff no longer shows available anyone know what I need to do? I was so excited to get TS3.5 and didn’t know this is what I’d be going through.

I was wondering can I uninstall and re install everything from scratch but I’m worried I may not be able to download the older stuff I’ve had that has reached the 180 rule (unbeknownst to me and I think is so stupid) please someone help
iamvincec1984

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------------
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby iamvincec1984 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:16 pm

Thank you for your response @DarkStar. I have been in contact with support for about 2 weeks now and they seem to only be addressing part of my questions and providing the same solution to create 2 folders ST 3 and ST 4 which I have already done. I was able to get those working but all my other libraries were not installed.

I have downloaded them individually and placed them inside the sample tank 3 and 4 folders (at least the ones I was instructed to anyways) some I do not know where they go. But they are still showing up needing to be downloaded from the ik website.

Another issue I had was my philharmonic 2 did show up in ST with all the sounds but for some reason wouldn’t not show any sound within the stand-alone app itself. I checked the path and it’s the same location that I have ST pulling from. I contacted support with no answer, I think they just stopped responding to me.

I was so determined to fix this myself as I couldn’t get any clear help so I uninstalled all ik products from my machine and reinstalled the Total Studio 2 Max from the USB stick I bought from ik. After updating everything and redownloading all the instruments apps and I updated to the Total Studio Max 3.5. Now it’s asking me to download the sound contents and place within the appropriate folders.

I started to download ST 4 Max, when I started to download ST 3 Max (from the usb) I got an error saying my Mac couldn’t download the file and to contact ik. I went to the website to my products to download it from there but it tells me I have to pay for an activation code to get the ST 3 max file. I don’t know how this makes sense because I already have the file on my usb drive from ik so if they don’t work how can I then buy another ? Isn’t it the same file?

But i can’t know this because it’s impossible to get the help I need with these questions And scenarios. This is mad. I hope someone can help me here.
iamvincec1984

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More