axe i/o solo only works in direct monitoring mode

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

axe i/o solo only works in direct monitoring mode

Postby MrDeeR3949 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi,

I have just purchased axe i/o solo and tried to set it up on my pc, windows 10. I have registered it and downloaded all the software and driver. The device is recognised and input output is set. It is a bit confusing since it shows line 1/2 and line 3/4 option for output. For input only line 1/2 is available. But it doesn't matter how it is set, there is no signal going in to my computer or to my amp when I use it in `amp out` mode.

It does work however in direct monitoring mode!!!

I am sharing some screenshot of my pc setting. Maybe there is something wrong in the settings. But I am thinking I might purchased a faulty product?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Can someone please help me?
MrDeeR3949

Re: axe i/o solo only works in direct monitoring mode

Postby MrDeeR3949 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Finally, I found the problem. For anyone who is interested:

The issue was caused by a previously installed ASIO4ALL driver. It was a beta version and somehow interfered with my new audio interface. Uninstalled it and now it's working properly. It was a miracle that I found it after hours of search in frustration. I went to bed 3 am.

The only thing I need to figure it out how to amp out the process signal. Because currently only the dry signal is sent to my amp. But hey, I am getting somewhere at least.
Last edited by MrDeeR3949 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrDeeR3949

Re: axe i/o solo only works in direct monitoring mode

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:50 pm

Reamping is meant to use a dry signal. You would send a dry signal through your amp, mic that amp, and get the amp tone captured through the microphone. That is what re-amping is, and it is done through the AMP OUT output on AXE I/O (and you use a mic input for the incoming amp signal through the mic of course).

We have a video that shows you how to re-amp using AXE I/O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5AvOxKbAg

You can route the wet signal through the other outputs via the Control Panel. If you are using a guitar amp, I wouldn't send a signal that is already running through an amp sim like AmpliTube 5 into a guitar amp as that will not give great results as it will be like plugging in a full guitar chain with another amp through another guitar amp further coloring the sound likely not in a pleasant way.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers