Issues I've had since migrating to 2021 M1 Macbook Pro

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Issues I've had since migrating to 2021 M1 Macbook Pro

Postby Yususufi000 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Got a nice new 2021 M1Max Macbook Pro a couple of weeks ago (running Monterey). These are some of the issues I've had with different IK products after setting it up. I migrated everything using time machine. For the most part things are working, but these are three issues I'm having. Advice is welcome.

1) IK Product Manager doesn't work properly. (A) If I try to update or install anything I either get a Javascript error (EACCESS permission denied) or it sits in a queue and never downloads. (B) If I try to update/install then when I try to exit Product Manager I get another Javascript error saying "TypeError: Cancel is not a function.

Troubleshooting: I've tried reinstalling Product Manager, but that didn't solve the problem. I contacted customer support and they told me to download updates from my profile. That worked for apps (like AmpliTube), but not sound libraries.

2) SampleTank sound libraries (Syntronik, etc) DMGs won't install and crash. Whenever I try to install a downloaded DMG I get a crash report saying "Exec_bad_access...Kern_invalid_address... possible pointer authentication".

Troubleshooting: I'm not really sure what to do. Maybe I can just copy the library files to where SampleTank accesses them? I would think that wouldn't work because it wouldn't copy the licenses, but I don't know. I'm worried about this because I'll lose access to download these libraries fairly soon and I want it ironed out.

3) Random plugins fail Logic validation after previously passing validation. Mainly this is an issue with random TRacks plugins. I'll open Logic and everything is fine, but open it another time and something has failed.

Troubleshooting: I haven't tried anything yet because I'm trying to figure out the whole DMG thing. I can probably try reinstalling TRacks and see if that fixes it.
Yususufi000

Re: Issues I've had since migrating to 2021 M1 Macbook Pro

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:45 pm

I don't use Logic but I do have the 2021 M1 MacBook Pro as well (typing on it right now) and I don't experience issues 1 or 2 so I'd make sure to report those to IK Support and I'm sure they can resolve all three issues for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More