Syntronik 2 Max duplicate instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik 2 Max duplicate instruments

Postby dakfat » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:24 am

Syntronik 99 and Blau appear twice in my SampleTank packs list after installing Syntronik 2 Max.

I tried reinstalling everything and I still get duplicates for those 2 synths specifically. None of the other Syntronik 1 instruments that were updated to Syntronik 2 have done this.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?
dakfat

Re: Syntronik 2 Max duplicate instrumnts

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:42 am

What Syntronik 99 and Blau folders are present on disk?
Where are they?
Do any of the instrument names start with a .?

What path(s) are in ST4's Sound Content list?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dakfat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:33 pm

Hello Darkstar,

None of the instruments start with a "." . Just to clarify, each instrument is only available once, but for some reason I have a Syntronik 1 version of the "99" and "Blau" synths in my library list as well as a Syntronik 2 version.

Here is the structure of my instrument folders

SampleTank 4/Instruments/53_Syntronik Blau/Factory
SampleTank 4/Instruments/53_Syntronik Blau/Syntronik 2

The instruments in Factory appear in Sampletank as "Syntronik Blau"
The instruments in Syntronik 2 appear in Sampletank as "Syntronik 2 Blau"

And it is the same thing with Syntronik 99. Same folder structure.
dakfat

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:44 pm

I should have asked previously - exactly which Syntronik products are installed? IS it only Syntronik 2 MAX?

Also:
--the Syntronik (1) library should be installed into the SampleTank 3 library folder, not into the SampleTank 4 library.
-- the Syntronik 2 library should be installed into its own folder, not into the SampleTank 4 library.

Have a look at the file extensions for those Syntronik duplicate presets. If they are .st3i then they should be in sub-folders in a SampleTank 3 library. If they are .st4i then they should be in sub-folders in a Syntronik 2 library.

Here are screenshots of "Bully" in Syntronik and Syntronik 2 CS here. The library folder is encircled in orange.

I hesitate to post further suggestions as i do not know exactly how you installed things and where you installed them. The best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Provide as much detail as you can. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby dakfat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:04 pm

Hello Darkstar,

So clarify, It is not the presets that are duplicated, it is the Library in SampleTank.

As shown in the images above, The Syntronik 1 and 2 presets for each synth have been merged together into 1 unified SampleTank library, the expection is Blau and 99 which have a Syntronik Library and a Syntronik 2 library entry containing exclusively the gen 1 and gen 2 instruments respectively (no duplicate instruments between them).

There is absolutely nothing different in the folder structure for these 2 synths compared to the other 30 odd synths I have, meaning that all the .st3i files are in a folder called "Factory" in the synths 5"3_Synth name" folder and all the st4i files are in the "Syntronik 2" folder in the synths "53_Synth name" folder.

So far my experience has been that having everything in the Sampletank 4 folder has not caused any issues whatsoever and I have every single SampleTank library installed in there including Sampletron 2. However, if you can confirm to me that you do no thave those additional Syntronik 2 libraries for Blau and 99 in your SampleTank library list, I will rearrange everything as you suggested.

Thank You
dakfat

Postby dakfat » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:06 pm

dakfat

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:01 pm

Are those screenshots from SampleTank 4 or from Syntronik 2?

As I cannot see your system, please do not rearrange anything until you have consulted Technical Support.

Syntronik 2 User Manual wrote:Syntronik 2 should have its own disk path
and not share its disk path with SampleTank 4.

It is a pity that such info is not (as far as I can see) available in the IKPM, nor the SampleTron 2 user manual.

You can see in the lower part of my screenshot that I have 5 separate libraries
    SampleTank 2
    SampleTank 3 (includes Syntronik (1) and MP2)
    SampleTank 4
    SampleTron 2
    Syntronik 2
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Re: Syntronik 2 Max duplicate instruments

Postby dakfat » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi Darkstar,

Those screenshots are from Sampletank 4.

I noticed there is an update for ST4 this morning so I installed that. I also separated all my samples, instruments, Multis, Library Info, Library Resources folders and content into SampleTank 3, SampleTank 4, Syntronik 2 and SampleTron 2 folders.

It hasn't changed anything for me after rebuilding the library database. I suspect IK recommends this structure so that people who are still using SampleTank 3 are not trying to scan Sampletank 4 content when building their database.

I think the next step for me is to contact support.
dakfat

Postby dakfat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:08 pm

I formatted my pc and reinstalled Syntronik 2 MAX and SampleTank 4 MAX using the stock paths suggested by the installers and still no joy. Am I really the only one with separate libraries created for the Syntronik 2 presets of Blau and 99?
dakfat

Postby 13_wicked » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:52 pm

No, see this topic https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29046.
I personally have not had time to contact support yet, but I'm assuming this is probably a bug.
13_wicked

Postby dakfat » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:04 am

Thank you 13 wicked!
dakfat

Postby twilson74 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:55 am

Yeah, I'm having this issue too. And then it lists the icons for several of the new MAX instruments multiple times in the left vertical column. I also have some other issues with my files of some of my Syntronik and SampleTank 4 instruments/presets-- the same issues others have been having. I did the new Sampletank 4 update hoping that it would fix the issues as it was supposed to enhance compatibility, but it didn't do anything for these issues.

The main point I wanted to bring up-- like someone else said on another thread-- is that the vertical format for scrolling through libraries by icon in SampleTank is starting to become very frustrating to navigate within Sampletank if one has a lot of libraries-- and I think most of us do by this point. I know we can switch from looking at icons to text of library names but I prefer to use icons-- but at this point it's very cluttered and not necessarily organized in a way that feels easy and streamlined.

Someone mentioned alphabetical order-- and I don't really want that-- I'd kinda like it if all my Syntronik libraries are in the same block and then the icons for my different pianos (Brandenburg, Alan Parsons, Shipwreck, etc) would be located next to each other, etc.

This is probably something that is already on the table for when SampleTank 5 comes out but maybe a SampleTank 4.5 could address the icon isssue too.

The new presets in Syntronik 2 sound awesome btw. I don't know what all is different, but in general Syntronik 2 just sounds great. When I can make some space on my HD I'm upgrading to Max. I have several other vendors' synths at this point-- and they're all great in their own ways-- but the sound quality of the sampled synths of Syntronik 2 wins in A/B testing to my ears. Yeah, it takes up a ton of HD space but I think the result is worth it to my ears.
twilson74

Postby 13_wicked » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:38 pm

As of the most recent Sampletank update this issue seems to have been fixed, even though I didn't see anything about it in the release notes.
13_wicked

Postby dakfat » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:02 am

I can vouch for that, seems fixed on my side as well :)
dakfat

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More