Using iRig Keys 2 Pro for music notation

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Using iRig Keys 2 Pro for music notation

Postby tpclausen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use the iRig Keys 2 Pro for music notation input on MacOS and I'm out of my depth. I have the device plugged in to my MacBook but I don't know how to configure the device and/or my computer to be used as an input device for music notation. Does anyone know how I can get started doing this? I am getting a response when I use the device in GarageBand.
tpclausen

Re: Using iRig Keys 2 Pro for music notation

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:17 am

Since iRig Keys 2 Pro is a MIDI controller, your notation software would need to understand MIDI data. I'm assuming most (likely all) notation programs will.

In this case, the following information might be good to make sure you have covered:

What MIDI channel is your notation software able to or set to receive on?
What MIDI channel is your iRig Keys 2 unit transmitting on?
What MIDI data is used by your notation software to create notation?
Are there any requirements for MIDI controllers for use with your notation software?

Things like that would be critical, I'd check if there is a section of your notation software manual that discusses creating notation via MIDI and go from there.

Thanks and good luck with it! Hopefully it is a bit faster than the days of ink pens and straight edges (I remember those times... my daughter and I have matching tattoos of a note from one of my pieces in my "notational handwriting" so I do remember it fondly, at least from that).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers