So annoyed..Amplitube 5.2 blasting white noise

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

So annoyed..Amplitube 5.2 blasting white noise

Postby WRod » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Not sure what the deal is. I own everything A5.2 offers. The Maxx version. Once in a while A5 goes into meltdown, clips all my outputs and blasts white noise pretty loudly depending on monitor volume. Way louder than the expected unauthorized white noise. My ears are ringing. At 4 am trying to get an early start on the day, with everyone in the house still sleeping, you can imagine how troublesome this is.

This seems like it could damage someones system and DEFINITELY someones hearing....if it didnt already do it this time. Get this fixed IK. This is totally uncalled for and a ridiculous tactic as ive been hearing these horror stories for YEARS now....and even used as copy protection its senseless and risky.

Wait til it happens to the CEO of IK. [Mod redacted: please do not use include language like this] changes would be soon to follow.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Re: So annoyed..Amplitube 5.2 blasting white noise

Postby garfy » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Hello WRod

Sorry to hear you've had an issue.

However, I can't recall anyone else having a similar issue so it may be something with your system and would suggest that opening a ticket with Official IK Support would be the route to take.

If you're worried that it will happen again before support helps you out, then you should perhaps roll back a version if it didn't happen before 5.2.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby WRod » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:38 am

garfy wrote:Hello WRod

Sorry to hear you've had an issue.

However, I can't recall anyone else having a similar issue so it may be something with your system and would suggest that opening a ticket with Official IK Support would be the route to take.

If you're worried that it will happen again before support helps you out, then you should perhaps roll back a version if it didn't happen before 5.2.

Good call on the rollback, thanks. I guess ill give support a shot. I havent had much luck with them though.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Postby garfy » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:05 am

Once you have opened a ticket, the first couple of rules in this Guidelines post will help you if you feel your ticket has not been answered to your satisfaction.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby darkogav » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:44 am

Is this noise one of the new issues that is cropped up on the new update. I was working on something a few days ago and using SVX 2 and experimenting with moving the mic around the cab and all of a sudden out of the blue this piercing shrill +200db almost blew out me speakers and ears. Thats dangerous feature. Is this a result of AT 5 thinking I am using a demo trial version? I have noticed that as of recently, AT 5 keeps constantly popping up a window saying I have a trial version, but I own everything.
darkogav

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:55 am

darkogav wrote:Is this noise one of the new issues that is cropped up on the new update. I was working on something a few days ago and using SVX 2 and experimenting with moving the mic around the cab and all of a sudden out of the blue this piercing shrill +200db almost blew out me speakers and ears. Thats dangerous feature. Is this a result of AT 5 thinking I am using a demo trial version? I have noticed that as of recently, AT 5 keeps constantly popping up a window saying I have a trial version, but I own everything.

It is not normal behavior. Please report it to IK Support and they'll be able to assess what is happening in your cases and rectify your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eddie001 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:02 pm

I'm getting this also on 5.1.1 No issues for a week, and then I chose to demo an amp/cab. For a couple of hours it was fine, then I opened up a preset that I made weeks ago and the white noise started up.
I own the devices in the preset. And I was connected. But it seems like A5 went into demo mode again. Maybe it'll go away after the current trial is over.
eddie001

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling