IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby Bethany » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:32 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^
Good work :)

There were a few prices missing:
Code: Select all
AmpliTube 5 Upgrade   200
AmpliTube SVX 2 Upgrade   50
Hammond B-3X Crossgrade   200
Syntronik Crossgrade   200
Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade   100

Please note that the Hammond is a Crossgrade.

If you go to the product pages on the web site, when logged OUT of your User account, and click [Buy] you can see the different prices.

Thank you! Prices have been updated and the wording changed on the Hammond.

I ought to have done the log out trick but have been alternately idle and frantic this workday and never tried. Over soon.
Bethany

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:34 pm

blueskyvisions wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:
blueskyvisions wrote:How about Electromagnetik (with all 4 instruments) at $150. Can I use that for my original purchase to qualify for the $150 tier?

Yes, that is listed as such at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

Perfect! Thanks for the heads-up. My life just got a little more complicated when I saw that some hardware qualifies for the group buy, too. If I bought the iRig Mic Studio for $149.99, would I need to wait for it to be shipped to register it and get into another round of the GB?

Thanks, Peter. I appreciate your help!

Rich

For hardware if you order from us or a dealer who ships to you, yes you'd need to wait for it to arrive and then register it to get into another round of the group buy.

And you're welcome, happy to help!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Bethany wrote:...have been alternately idle and frantic this workday...

The latter sounds a lot like a day where a company adds a bunch of things to a huge promotion! Kind of like changing a tire while the car is still moving. :D

Hope you get some relaxation soon. I will request edit permissions from the doc if I feel I can help by having them, thank you for the offer.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:42 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Bethany » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:44 pm

DarkStar wrote:Sorry, just had to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Str7m8xV7W8

Yeah, like that. Kinda-sorta.
Bethany

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:46 pm

Good lord my anxiety level apparently was not high enough already today! What a video.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby elammark13 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:01 pm

I don't have a question. I just wanted to (again) thank IK for doing this tremendously awesome promotion. Lately I've almost been an IK sales rep, trying to get as many musician friends in this as I can. It's just too good to pass up. And also...more people means more free things! :D Am I the only person that has from day 1 of finding out about this promotion, started a list of everything I'd like, ranked in order of importance...from "must have" to "would be nice but not necessary". Researching in detail each product before putting it on my list, and then agonizing about the order ranking of a few of the items on my list. Yes...I'm like that. :D

Thank you again IK...you've earned loyal customer.
elammark13

Postby huli50 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:52 pm

elammark13 wrote: Am I the only person that has from day 1 of finding out about this promotion, started a list of everything I'd like, ranked in order of importance...from "must have" to "would be nice but not necessary". Researching in detail each product before putting it on my list, and then agonizing about the order ranking of a few of the items on my list. Yes...I'm like that. :D

I don't think you're the only one. I honestly think that that was a big part of the
IK strategy: users will over-research products that they otherwise wouldn't consider. It also opens folks up to consider other product lines they would otherwise not be interested in. I wouldn't be a TRackS user if it weren't for this promotion, and I was only an occasional SampleTank user. But from this point forward, I'll be interested in any future module or instrument they decide to offer.
huli50

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:08 am

DarkStar wrote:Sorry, just had to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Str7m8xV7W8

Yeah, this is not OK. I can’t even finish watching it :shock:
blueskyvisions

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:21 am

elammark13 wrote: Thank you again IK...you've earned loyal customer.

IK is among the best if not the best in their class. I don't know of a more generous company than IK. No one gives away more software or offers better sales than they do. And their software is first class. I can't say I like everything, but I'm blown away by what I picked up this GB. SampleTron 2 and the Hammond B-3X are Wakeman good !! Not to mention AT5, TRacks, Leslie, MODO Drun, MODO Bass, ect, ect ;)

Check these out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-u7-5YZOkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsosCZJ-QQ0
Musical.Alchemy

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:25 am

Sorry, this has probably been asked too many times, but how does double-dipping work? If I buy another qualifying product does my Promotions page (inside User Area) just add an additional 21 products to my list? Or is there a separate page/process I need to follow for downloading the new set of freebies?

Thanks for your help!
Rich
blueskyvisions

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:30 am

elammark13 wrote:Am I the only person that has from day 1 of finding out about this promotion, started a list of everything I'd like, ranked in order of importance...from "must have" to "would be nice but not necessary". Researching in detail each product before putting it on my list, and then agonizing about the order ranking of a few of the items on my list. Yes...I'm like that. :D

Definitely not the only one. I made a spreadsheet with item prices and a letter grade A, B, C, etc for priority. Then I wrote an R program that, given the spreadsheet and the current participant total and a series of purchases into the Group Buy (e.g. a 200 purchase and a 100 purchase), suggested the highest-ranked group of items that I could buy.

I wrote the program at about 8000 participants and have been running it at least daily ever since, getting ever more gleeful. Today's addition of the X-GEAR adds a new wrinkle :D .

K
Kinketsu

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:49 am

blueskyvisions wrote:Sorry, this has probably been asked too many times, but how does double-dipping work? If I buy another qualifying product does my Promotions page (inside User Area) just add an additional 21 products to my list? Or is there a separate page/process I need to follow for downloading the new set of freebies?

Thanks for your help!
Rich

Each item in the list will reflect how many buys you've made. So, if you bought in twice, but had not yet claimed anything, then when you click the 'Available' button, there will be two dropdowns in each item. (Once you claim them, the individual drop-downs will disappear.)

I hope that makes sense ... it does work just fine. I think a lot of folks got worried when they bought a second time and didn't see another list, but once you click each item to get the selection drop-downs, it all becomes clear.

K
Kinketsu

Postby blueskyvisions » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:05 am

^^^^
Thanks, K. Are we talking about the same "Promotions" page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions/ ?

I'm not seeing the 'Available' button here, just a table with columns for Promotion, Start Date, End Date, and Status. The data looks like this (with the Group Buy thumbnail image at the start of each row):

25th Anniversary Group Buy .... 2021-08-05202 .... 1-10-31 .... Downloaded

Are you (maybe) saying that the "Downloaded" column will change back to available? Or does it create a new list/page? (Sorry I'm so confused :oops: )
blueskyvisions

Postby Kinketsu » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:12 am

^^^^
Yes, I think the Downloaded will turn back into Available. I did my two buys at once and so I didn't personally witness that happening, but that would be consistent with how it's behaving now that I'm claiming things.

Most of all, don't worry ... it'll all work out. In the unlikely event that something funky happens, I'm confident that IK support will treat you right.

K
Kinketsu

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements